Started on: 12-27-2005 03:20 PM
Replies: 279 (18538 views)
Last post by: F355spider on 09-07-2011 04:21 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones with the bushings.
IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, just looked at the other pics you posted earlier. The ones that have the bushings on them are the ones you can't get out of the control arm I'm guessing. Are you trying to get just the bolts out? Or the bolts and busings to replace both?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to replace the bushings.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm assuming that the bushings have pretty much fused to the bolts so my first suggestion would be to secure the arm in a vise if you have one and then whack it with a rubber mallet. You can hopefully save the bolts this way. If you hit them with a metal hammer, you'll probably mushroom the ends. As far as the bushings, do you have a dremel tool? A carving type bit should work on getting the bushings out little by little. Hopefully that helps. You going to put polyurethane in place of the stock ones?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes to the poly. I can move the bolt but the bushings don't move. I think I'll get me a piece of pipe the right size then open one side and try that.
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now that they are the champs get on with the build

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do.

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

Super Bowl XL CHAMPS!!!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
I took some pix of the 3.1 today. It's coming along real nice. Just waiting on the flywheel to get here from the states (maybe next week).

and

It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it'll do me and the Lady just fine until the ser.II or III 3800sc is swaped in.

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

Super Bowl XL CHAMPS!!!

yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what why people have this issue with the 2.8 - I think it looks just fine when cleaned up...

Fiero1Fan, I think yours looks great!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I was talking about is the layout of the wiring and hoses. I think it could look alot cleaner. When I have it up and running for this year I'll leave it as it is until next winter. Next winter I will redesign the hoses and wiring. I hope it will look cleaner and nicer after I am through.
I too find a V motor looks real good (they look balanced).
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero1Fan

I promise this is the absolute last time i will invade your thread, but i thought you might appreciate
how the day was spent on monday.

The day after,....I'm Going to DisneyWorld !!

Superbowl MVP Hines Ward

Jerome " the Bus" Bettis.

Jerome's mother and father.

Terrible towel waving contest

Thousands of towel waving steelers fans were there ! It was awesome !

Now back to the Steel lady !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-08-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse I don't mind at all!!! The next 5 years should be VERY interesting.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my Stereo today in the mail!!! Finally!!!!!
I'll have some pix tomorrow and this weekend I'll be doing some more on the car. Finally.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here are a few pix of the new stereo.

Pyle Head Unit:

Phoenix Gold Amp:

B-Pillar 4x6 and Door 6x9 Speakers:

Complete system with 2 12" woofers for the back massage:

How do I figure out the required size of the sound box I need for the woofers behind the seats?

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should be listed on the packing enclosed with the subs (women call the packing "directions" ) It should say how many cubic feet needed. 12's range from .8 - 4.6 cubic feet each.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the Vas parameter? If so the packing says 9.885 cu ft. Can that be right?
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL. What do you think I read the packing????

I had a bunch of info some where that explaned all the technical stuff, but i think i used it to start the woodburner

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you got warm. 10 cu ft of box is huge. I can't believe that is the recommended size!!! That would be a 36 x 36 x 14" box!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-19-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally got off my duff and got some work done. I put the x.member back together today. What do you think?
From the front:

From the rear:

It took me all afternoon. First time is always a learning experience. Tomorrow the cradle...... !!!!

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet. Strong work. Maybe I'll do mine in silver, blue and black like the Panthers. Just the underside though. Outside I still think I'm painting it bright red. Do you have plenty of room to put a tarp in the back for covering puddles? I'd pass out if I got something that nice looking dirty.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
puddles......LMFAO!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing about it is using the old bolts and washers. Once I get everything aligned and working right I'll be painting them with a rust covering paint so it all looks clean and new. At least for awhile.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anxious to see how your cradle looks all cleaned up. Is everything painted or is some of it powdercoated?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Powder coating. The only way to fly! IMHO.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Powder coating. The only way to fly! IMHO.

I agree 100% Looking great.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowfiero88 did you really use the info to start a fire?
I started cleaning and repainting the trany today. Man what a Royal Pain in the south end of a north bound mule!!!! Pix tomorrow.
I hope to have it finished tomorrow. My flywheel should be here next week and then the engine, trany and clutch assembly can come together.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heck I dont remember but I have done worse things and I cant find it It was in my orion audio folder and what happened to it I dont know.
The trans are a royal pain to clean. I have used sulfuric acid to clean them before and also super clean.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that the Vas parameter? If so the packing says 9.885 cu ft. Can that be right?

No, lol. A box 10CF in size is MASSIVE, especially for a Fiero. Depending on whether or not you're planning a sealed or ported enclosure, your sizes will vary. If you look on the back of the sub, you can generally find a part number. Enter said part number into the search bar at Google.com, and I will 100% guarantee you'll find your results. If not, let me know and I'll find the tech specs for ya.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:
If you look on the back of the sub, you can generally find a part number. If not, let me know and I'll find the tech specs for ya.

Sorry, the back of the sub is coated with some kind of plastic foam. No part #. I do have the original spec sheet that was in the box. Would that help?
It has all kinds of parameters listed on it. I have a Qms (2.64), a Qes (0.98) and a Qts (0.71). Which is the parameter I need?

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-24-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have given up on trying to clean the trany by hand with just engine cleaner and some brushes. Monday it goes to the car wash and will be cleaned with the pressure hose!!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-25-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have finally got some more done on the suspension.
The front x-mem is finished except for putting it back in the car.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 03-17-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
I also got started on the rear cradle.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Thinking about doing poly all around myself but I've heard that creates a pretty rough ride. I'm sure your helper is more help than mine. Just put Kitty's new house up last night and he's already shredded two of the toys on it. Plus he just runs from loud noises. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

88-DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88-DOHCSend a Private Message to 88-DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, the back of the sub is coated with some kind of plastic foam. No part #. I do have the original spec sheet that was in the box. Would that help?
It has all kinds of parameters listed on it. I have a Qms (2.64), a Qes (0.98) and a Qts (0.71). Which is the parameter I need?

Its not quite so simple. The size of the "box" is dependent on the type of enclosure you want. Sealed enclosure is the most forgiving, but depending on the speaker my require the largest enclosure. In short, there is no such thing as "one size fits all" when it comes to audio speaker enclosures. Only advice is to do lots of research on the net, JL Audio used to have alot of very good information on the subject: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=141 I would suggest starting there.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 thanks for the info.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question on the struts for an 88. Do I need the wing on the strut ( circled in red)? I know I need the base for the spring to sit on but how much of the rest of the wing do I need?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good question. But I've only worked on the struts for the earlier models. I won't have to deal with that for my Ferrario though. It's getting coil overs in the back. My guess from looking at it though would be no. You don't need all of that material. I'm probably wrong though. Give me a little bit, I have to take one of the rears off of the donor car to get a tire repaired. I'll take a look at things and see what it looks like with the spring still on it. It may just be an aftermarket one-size-fits-all kind of thing.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll do coil over next winter.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got the wings cut off (successful amputation) and alot of the rear suspension finished. Brakes and things will be tomorrow. Sorry I didn't get any pix today, tomorrow I get some posted.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you. Never ended up looking at the car yesterday. Ended up working the rest of the day instead. Sound like you got an answer though.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors