Started on: 06-24-2007 11:36 PM
Replies: 290 (17280 views)
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 08-05-2009 01:46 PM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was your inspiration, the hose at the car wash, the lift at school, the filter box, your small air filter, your rear springs... hey, I'm starting to see a pattern here.

I OWN PAGE 4 BABY!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 09-12-2007).]

IP: Logged
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*IF* your ever in the area and want a clean RUST FREE cradle let me know, ive probably got one or two around here.

that one looks nasty.

matthew
BekaintaFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow... i was wondering how long page three was going to be!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont i wish.. i would LOVE a new rust free frame to put this whole car on...

but anyways.. now that im not on a rush to school

i saw the material and fell in love with it.. its like suede.. bright and great to look up at.. but this is most likely the only place in the car i will be using this material.. any more and id look like a lowrider although i did toy with the idea of a shifter boot.. but it looked too tacky for me.. because of the sunroof, its not TOO much... i love it.. i showed a bunch of people at school and they said the same YAY!

nother one

------------------

See my film creations..
Black Betty Build
Black Betty, Round 2

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 09-12-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

What was your inspiration, the hose at the car wash, the lift at school, the filter box, your small air filter, your rear springs... hey, I'm starting to see a pattern here.

I OWN PAGE 4 BABY!

yea i decided a black and blue theme for Betty.. my other Fiero will be my fav's black and green thats for the 4.5.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

That's insane. I love it!
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kind looks "ocean-y"

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm.. i seem to be missing some interior screws? anyone got a few laying around? im missing my maplights screws.. i may have most of the others..

i need a new EGR gasget too if anyone has an extra... and on the side i need full set of front a-arms.. i want to put all new stuff on em and plug it in as a whole..

at this point im trying to work out all the kinks/rattles/+runability issues. till i reach the point of "dependable"
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
eh?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some progress..

im getting around 10mpg!! good map, good o2.. possible leak/rundown.. got a thread in tech

i got my housing welded and i painted it

a nice man sent me some screws so my map light is finally in!

fri. ill get the funds to purchase new balljoins+tie rods for the front.. im going to completely build new a-arm setups off of the car, then install as a whole.

i still need to get the oil pressure gauge working..
fierojunky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojunkySend a Private Message to fierojunkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, do you still need the front a-arms? If you want to come over one weekend and help me drop the cradle in my junk car you can have the entire front assembly (after we remove it). I'll even bring it to you after we load it in the truck. LMK.
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierojunky:

Jerry, do you still need the front a-arms? If you want to come over one weekend and help me drop the cradle in my junk car you can have the entire front assembly (after we remove it). I'll even bring it to you after we load it in the truck. LMK.

YES!!!
also..

ordered..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 09-27-2007).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dont i wish.. i would LOVE a new rust free frame to put this whole car on...

but anyways.. now that im not on a rush to school

i saw the material and fell in love with it.. its like suede.. bright and great to look up at.. but this is most likely the only place in the car i will be using this material.. any more and id look like a lowrider although i did toy with the idea of a shifter boot.. but it looked too tacky for me.. because of the sunroof, its not TOO much... i love it.. i showed a bunch of people at school and they said the same YAY!

nother one

OMG my old fiero!, I didn't like it too much myself however. I had bought it that way.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-1-048070.html

cars crushed now though.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 09-27-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, you can't drive it until you get yourself dressed proper like...

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i still have a zuit suit... what size are you? lol
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you be pimpin now
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HA no the headliner is the only thing in the car using that fabric..
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
hmm.. needed replaced methinks...

out with the old, in with the new

look ma, no coolant to TB lines!
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a few interior screws lying around. Do you still need some? If so what size? You need torx, the 7mm ones, what sizes? Let me know and I will get them out to you on monday. Looking good big pimpin! Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Nevermind I missed that part where you said a nice man sent you some screws. Still lookin good though.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 09-28-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't wait to see betty pulling into my driveway maybe in january we will have to do something... your not that far away.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY new parts! for my front suspension rebuild...

anyone else using poly dust boot covers..? for the tie rods its fine.. but it just doesnt look right on the ball joints..
PFF
System Bot
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YAY new parts! for my front suspension rebuild...

anyone else using poly dust boot covers..? for the tie rods its fine.. but it just doesnt look right on the ball joints..

I agree. I have used them on tie rod ends but not on a ball joint.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shameless bump... anything new?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm.. i bought a fuel pressure gauge, a stock sub enclosure, and another intake set to get powdercoated.. my MPG is atrocious but otherwise shes running fine..

o and im getting some a-arms tomorrow i think...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is normal right?
(its at like 31-32)

so i THINK that rules out injectors.. but i smell it when i stop .. shes definately running rich..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 10-08-2007).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you get that reading? Did you just turn on the key and let the fuel pump build up pressure or is the car running? It seems a little low. Do you have an adjustable pressure regulator?
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed ..... need more info .... is this running or not? You need to do a not running leak down test. Hook up your guage, cycle the key to on to let the fuel pump kick on and mark your max pressure, then see how long it takes to bleed off.
Rich
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that was key on, car off.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a little low. It should be around 40+ psi. If you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator you might want to bump it up a bit.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-08-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bummer.. no gots.. is there anywhere cheaper than fierostore to get one?
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
also what did how long did it hold pressure after cycling the key on then off .... this will give you indication of a possible leaky injecor(s).
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

also what did how long did it hold pressure after cycling the key on then off .... this will give you indication of a possible leaky injecor(s).

at least 8 mins..
recluse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for recluseSend a Private Message to recluseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a gauge hooked to the fuel rail and it holds pressure for what seems like hours, although I've never timed it.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea i took it off after 8... ill leave it on soon and see what happens
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY another package!

i still need an amp and speakers..
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can shim the factory fuel pressure regulator to bump the pressure up. You can also make your own adjustable fuel pressure regulator using the old one. Look in the archives for articles on doing this. Here is one link. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-075073.html

Here's another.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020825-2-019105.html

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-10-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
over winter this is a definate.

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 10-11-2007).]

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nevermind

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 10-11-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got these in today.. she needs em.. (the headlight gears not the 2.5 timing gears ..)

then i started to mess with my sub a little

with bracket

in housing

bolts will not line up with this sub

plans:
1. im going to have to drill some holes in the enclosure to attatch the braket
2. Seal sub with something.. a caulk like substance is a possibility..
3. I noticed while testing it with another sub that the enclosure has a plasic rippling sound to it.. i happen to have some neoprene here and i am going to cover the outside of the enclosure with it, i actually expect a big difference..

and onward we go...
(off to a party..)

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 10-12-2007).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are using the original speaker bracket the holes should line up. Make sure you install it the way it came out, you might have to turn it 90 degrees or flip it around to make it work.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-12-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock