ABS ring on axle hitting hub? by BadNewsBrendan
Started on: 07-25-2020 04:45 PM
Replies: 6 (224 views)
Last post by: turbojamie on 07-28-2020 10:38 AM
BadNewsBrendan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered an axle on rock auto and double checked it was for a manual. For some reason it has an ABS ring or speed sensor ring on it and it hits the knuckle. Should it not be hitting or did rock auto just send me the wrong part? Is there a way to take it off or is the axle completely wrong? Of course no parts stores have them and i don't want to have to wait until tuesday to get one. Its an 85 4 speed and 84 knuckle.

------------------
"America is all about speed, hot nasty bad-ass speed" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tetanus
1984 3800 II SC Build

[This message has been edited by BadNewsBrendan (edited 07-25-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like after some more searching the 84 is the only year that can't fit this ring and I should have ordered one for an 84 not an 85
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just take a brass drift and hammer and knock the ABS ring off. It is just press fit to the CV housing.
OntarioKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OntarioKevSend a Private Message to OntarioKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt know that Fieroguru. I ran into an issue on my 86 GT so I just ground down the ring until it fit.
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found a post about someone doing that a long time ago but the brass peice has a lip so it can't slide off. Used an angle grinder and chisel. Pretty soft metal. Thanks for the replies

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BadNewsBrendan:

It looks like after some more searching the 84 is the only year that can't fit this ring and I should have ordered one for an 84 not an 85

One of our club members received one with the ABS ring and it wouldn't fit his 86SE. He returned it to the parts dealer for the correct axel without the ring.

turbojamie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbojamieSend a Private Message to turbojamieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just went through this with my 86 v6 gt, that ring will pop off or cut off and you should be golden

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock