Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Returning Fiero Owner - Let's Talk 2.8 Breathing (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Returning Fiero Owner - Let's Talk 2.8 Breathing by SpaceLion
Started on: 03-28-2020 02:08 PM
Replies: 124 (1999 views)
Last post by: Monkeybean007 on 05-21-2020 12:25 AM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2020 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 05-19-2020).]

IP: Logged
Modesto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2020 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ModestoSend a Private Message to ModestoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to a buddy who is pretty into 3D printing (and has printed various things for automotive applications) and he claimed that there was a readily available "automotive ABS" that could be used to print an intake and would easily stand up to the heat, vibration, fuel, etc. as it is the same material a lot of OEMs use for their intakes. He did mention it took a printer capable of higher temps but I found it intriguing...
rlndhill

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillClick Here to Email rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Are you planning on producing any to sale?
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No way! I would have to charge a thousand usd for each one to Make it worth while.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 05-22-2020).]

Monkeybean007

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

I have the ported exhaust, "Dawg Style" UIM, relieved y-pipe, hi-flow cat, Hypertech chip and a 57MM throttlebody. Basically all the breathing mods. Each one added a little to the performance but then I did the 1.6 rockers and WOW! what a difference.

I consider the rocker mod to be the one that brought all the pieces together, giving me a very nicely balanced car which also looks completely stock.

As for the RMP power limit, I can say unequivocally that the rockers made a huge difference. Where the stock car ran out of breath at about 4500RPM's, the modded car easily pulls all the way to 5500RPM's and there still some left but that's as far as I want to push a 30 year old engine even if it only has 60K miles on it. In fact, being an automatic I have to manually shift because the factory shift point is way too low for the modded engine.

As far as I am aware my engine is stock but it pulls super hard to 5500
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock