Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  EGR Vacuum control solenoid!!!!!!!!!!!!FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
EGR Vacuum control solenoid!!!!!!!!!!!!FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by G.I.GT
Started on: 05-02-2019 09:21 PM
Replies: 14 (1048 views)
Last post by: damittron on 06-22-2019 10:20 AM
G.I.GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2019 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G.I.GTSend a Private Message to G.I.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After searching for a long time,,, I found supplier of hard to find smog parts!!!! He has the EGR control valves with the proper resistance solenoid windings in stock!! he has everything for all years of fiero and other obscure parts! 559 636 7450 his name is Darin
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you actually seen the parts? Got pictures? Or is this some guy from Craigslist?
G.I.GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G.I.GTSend a Private Message to G.I.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove to the shop and picked it up today. Installed it and drove the heck out of my car. No engine light. He specializes in emission control parts and has an amazing warehouse.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the name of the store? Can we buy parts online?
Akheron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkheronSend a Private Message to AkheronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A quick google search of the phone number says the name of the shop is Help Smog Parts in Visalia, CA.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would stand to reason that a shop like this would be located in California because of their strict emisions testing. I imagine he has lots of customers keeping old cars on the road. Great find thanks for posting this.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G.I.GT:

After searching for a long time,,, I found supplier of hard to find smog parts!!!! He has the EGR control valves with the proper resistance solenoid windings in stock!! he has everything for all years of fiero and other obscure parts! 559 636 7450 his name is Darin

How much was it?
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also curious what it cost.

I've been lucky to live in a rural area that doesn't fully test the EGR system (I get the "2 speed idle" test). So regardless of whether mine actually works, I just have to make sure the code doesn't set, and that the valve itself works when they manually open it.
On the other hand, the idle test was a total roadblock when I had a surging idle problem.

Between it's penchant for surging idle and it's problematic EGR solenoids, the Fiero has ways to be a PITA for either version of the CA test.
G.I.GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G.I.GTSend a Private Message to G.I.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELP smog parts, in visalia is the place and Darin is the guy I met. he's had a few medical set backs but is getting back into the swing of things. super great guy! the part was $140.00 and it works perfectly. I drove a lil over a hundred miles today in the mountains and hammerd on it pretty good.... no engine light! I've been working on this car for a few years and its been for sale if someone wanted it before i finished it,,, its definitely not for sale anymore! Cheers all!!

[This message has been edited by G.I.GT (edited 05-04-2019).]

reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2019 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the EGR solenoid complete or just one piece of the whole? Also is it the same appearance as the GM one? Is it a GM part?
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2019 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think some photos in this thread will be helpful. I am interested as well.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2019 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$140, while not insignificant, is not too horrible. They were >$100 ten years ago.
Thanks for sharing.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This website lists a couple of other places as well (no idea if they actually carry it): http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/10038324.html

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 06-16-2019).]

G.I.GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G.I.GTSend a Private Message to G.I.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is a complete part, with the bracket switch and solenoid. it has worked flawlessly since install!
and sorry for the lack of pictures,,, I'm not great at the hosting sites and pip won't work on my mac. message me an email an ill send pics if needed. Cheers all!
damittron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2019 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for damittronSend a Private Message to damittronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Following.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock