Space frame under drivers seat by TheLateGreat88
Started on: 10-20-2018 09:52 AM
Replies: 2 (167 views)
Last post by: TheLateGreat88 on 10-20-2018 10:29 AM
TheLateGreat88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2018 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheLateGreat88Send a Private Message to TheLateGreat88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a formula that is in pretty rough shape. Seems like everything has been manhandled at some point. So the PO gave me a set of lumbar seats and I went out to put them in. I noticed a lump in the carpet directly under the drivers seat area. I reached under the car to feel around and was greeted by the feeling of wet carpet foam, right where metal should be. Turns out there is a large dent in the chassis under the driver's seat. I can pound that back down from the top but I'm more concerned about the rust hole. Sorry but I don't know the name of the piece that's rusted...there are two little roundish metal plates in the floor... One of those is at the high point of the dent and it has completely rusted away. Fortunately, the rest of the floorboards is solid. Is it possible to get that little round piece of the floorboard? Does it even serve a purpose? Should I just repair it as if it was any other piece of sheet metal? Basically just looking for the best way to fix the hole. Thanks.

------------------
Rick Stewart
Silver Spring, MD USA

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The floor pan drain plugs.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...031110-2-036870.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

TheLateGreat88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2018 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheLateGreat88Send a Private Message to TheLateGreat88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brilliant! Thank you fierosound, that's exactly what I was looking for!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock