Fiero trueleo intake manifold by zobari
Started on: 08-14-2018 07:10 PM
Replies: 11 (739 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 08-17-2018 02:27 PM
zobari

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I'am searching for a trueleo high performance intake manifold for the v6 2.8l engine like that

https://www.google.be/searc...mgrc=-ImGehUY0l24tM:

I have contacted trueleo about This item but now that is not possible to buy This intake manifold from trueleo Website

My question is where I can buy This intake manifold ?
Nobody sell This intake manifold ?

Thank you
Have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 08-14-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trueleo doesn't make these anymore, so you must watch eBay, the Mall section of this Forum, or find some other way to get a used one.

Otherwise, it is a fabricated steel piece, so any experienced steel fabricator should be able to make one.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand that the production process is pretty labor intensive. I would hold out for one on the forum or eBay. That is how I got mine. BTW, the cold air intake piping now goes to a functional side vent but I cannot locate a photo of that version right now.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-15-2018).]

zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes Thank you for your responses.
I have searched on internet before eBay, TRUELEO, on This forum...
I Could be patient now.
I Will search on eBay once per week maybe I Will find a trueleo intake.

I have deleted my catalyzer, I have a custom exhaust but I Will change to 3 inch pipe with borla and I will porting my exhaust manifold too, I have installed kn filter for air, oil, and gas with New oil, I Will decarbonize the engine soon (81000 miles after 30 years).
The seller has proceed a replacement of a New complete distributor, high performance ignition coil and New clutch.
I want to change the intake manifold to gain more hp

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 08-15-2018).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind it's still a 30year old motor. Expectations should not be high. The trueleo intake when found is not going to be cheap.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zobari:

Yes Thank you for your responses.
I have searched on internet before eBay, TRUELEO, on This forum...
I Could be patient now.

I have deleted my catalyzer, I have a custom exhaust but I Will change to 3 inch pipe with borla and I will porting my exhaust manifold too, I have installed kn filter for air, oil, and gas with New oil, I Will decarbonize the engine soon (81000 miles after 30 years).
The seller has proceed a replacement of a New complete distributor, high performance ignition coil and New clutch.
I want to change the intake manifold to gain more hp

If you happen to need them, I have a complete set of stainless steel allen head bolts designed to work with the Trueleo intake and make installation easier. I ordered two sets of them but only needed one for my personal installation of the Trueleo intake.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-15-2018).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Expectations should not be high. The trueleo intake when found is not going to be cheap.

Is that intake even worthwhile installing without head work and a wilder cam to compliment it?
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Is that intake even worthwhile installing without head work and a wilder cam to compliment it?

There's a grey zone between the black and white extremes of a bone stock engine vs. an all-out performance build.

I think that denying the grey zone is how the cost of engine projects can get out of hand...
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This might be an option to Trueleo. Its a mod to the stock intake. Don't know if he is still making these. Last post was around 2 years ago.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073021.html

BR's,

Mark
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zobari:

If I may be so bold ... do the search once then hit the 'save search' button. There are options for notification. You actually want to spot it the moment it hits eBay (particularly if it has a 'buy it now' option. I have secured many good deals this way.
donj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donjSend a Private Message to donjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
West Coast Fiero's has them listed............

https://westcoastfiero.com/...ance-intake-manifold

Donj
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

There's a grey zone between the black and white extremes of a bone stock engine vs. an all-out performance build.

I think that denying the grey zone is how the cost of engine projects can get out of hand...

If you drop a high-performance intake onto a stock (or mildly modified) engine, the bang-to-buck ratio is going to be very low. So basically, this type of intake is only worth the cost when you have a really stout engine build that can put it to good use.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock