Need help finding a steering wheel adapter by jetfighterv
Started on: 01-15-2018 01:55 PM
Replies: 8 (488 views)
Last post by: robymon on 01-25-2018 04:12 AM
jetfighterv

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do I.nedd to put an aftermarket steering wheel on my fiero its an 87 2.5 something that isn't going to break the bank
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does zero dollars sound?

I put a genuine (Made in Italy) Momo steering wheel in my Formula using no adapter. I just slightly bent the metal tabs on the factory steering wheel mount to match the holes on the Momo steering wheel. Done. There was also some fiddling to connect the horn, but it was minimal.

[EDIT 1] Now that I've had a few more minutes to think about it, I also recall that the factory steering wheel mount I used was from a particular style of Fiero steering wheel. Off the top of my head, I forget which one. It might come to me later. (I looked up an old thread I had posted in... I used the hub from an old decrepit GT steering wheel.)

[EDIT 2] I took a quick peek and found the following post (which I hadn't seen before), and TXOPIE appears to have been on the same track as I was... although he mentions creating a "simple thin gauge disc shaped plate with holes drilled for both the stock hub & the after market wheel" which I found wasn't necessary. Click the link below and read what he says.

Originally posted by TXOPIE Here:

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-15-2018).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will need a GM billet steering wheel adapter. Something similar to this

This adapter gets bolted onto the spline off the column, and the wheel bolts to the adapter. E-Z-P-Z!

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 01-15-2018).]

jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks both of you!!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a new adapter (still in package IIRC) and it would be available for a very reasonable price. If interested, I will locate it, take a couple of photos, and email them to you to see if it works for your purpose.

Nelson
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I have a new adapter (still in package IIRC) and it would be available for a very reasonable price. If interested, I will locate it, take a couple of photos, and email them to you to see if it works for your purpose.

Nelson

I am having a slight wiggle problem with my aftermarket Grant GT wheel in my 85. I am pretty sure I have isolated the problem to my wheel adapter vs. the column itself. I am not sure if your adapter would help solve the problem but I am curious to see the pics.

jetfighterv...I realize that you have right of first refusal here. I wasn't trying to poach Nelson's offer.

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 01-16-2018).]

Harold James Kie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2018 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
summit sells hub/adapters as does Lecarra.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2018 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Nelson

pm sent
robymon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robymonSend a Private Message to robymonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speedway Motors also sells steering wheel adpaters.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock