Horn by Csjag
Started on: 03-20-2015 01:27 PM
Replies: 15 (600 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 03-24-2015 07:27 AM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was snooping around my local Harbor Freight this morning and spotted a couple of different aftermarket car horns and it got me thinking. My stock Fiero horn is pretty wimpy. Has anyone fitted a louder more noticeable horn to their car? We have small and low cars so maybe a more visibly audible horn would be a good idea. Maybe a horn from a bigger GM car?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been covered many times.
HF and even many Parts Stores have cheap horns that won't last. Specially air horns.

You can get good OE horns thru salvage yards etc including Fiamm and Hella.

See my Cave, Horn

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't wanting to put an air horn on I was thinking more along the lines of a GM horn from a bigger vehicle like maybe my Chevy Venture. I wonder if there are any that would be plug and play?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Advance Auto sells a high and low pair of horns that hae been reported to be the same as the Delorean horns. I have a pair on my 87 and they have been loud enough every time I needed them. Plug and Play.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Advance Auto sells a high and low pair of horns that hae been reported to be the same as the Delorean horns. I have a pair on my 87 and they have been loud enough every time I needed them. Plug and Play.

Thanks
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Csjag

3170 posts
Member since Dec 2013

Originally posted by fierofool:

I see a lot of horns listed do you happen to recall which model you are referring to? Thanks
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I asked this (here), it was suggested by RWDPLZ to use DeLorean Horns.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

I see a lot of horns listed do you happen to recall which model you are referring to? Thanks

Sorry, but It was O'rielly, not Advance.

Wolo - Low Replacement Horn
Part # 310-2T
http://www.oreillyauto.com/...ord=horn+-+universal

Wolo - High Replacement Horn
Part # 315-2T
http://www.oreillyauto.com/...ord=horn+-+universal

Some will probably say that they're plastic and won't last, but I've had mine for years and they still work fine. They may not last long in the big cities where people use their horn more often than their brakes, though.

They use spade connectors just like our horns and both can be mounted together so you don't need to run another wire for cars previously equipped with only 1 horn. They also can be mounted on the original Fiero mounting bracket.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Thanks!
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled a set of horns from an 80's Buick LeSabre, also plug n play. They're LOUD! No more Meep Meep from my Fiero.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tired of not getting enough respect when driving your Fiero with a factory horn?
How about this for an upgrade.... Nathan AirChime K5LA

LOL This would be funny in a Fiero...
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Harbor Freight duel trumpet air horn (Fiam...spelling?).Has a European exotic sound, like a Ferrari.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last fall I replaced my Fiero horns with two that I got off of a 04 Grand Prix in the local pic-n-pull. I did it for the same reason, I didn't like the wimpy foreign roadster sound and didn't feel safe either. It was nice to keep it in the Pontiac family too. They sound really nice and didn't cost more than $5. If I remember correctly the wire colors were even the same after all these years. It was a simple and elegant solution.

------------------

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '84 to '87 two tone horns are pretty piercing. If they've gone weak, try turning the little screw on the housing when the power is on. That changes the tone & volume...

The '88 single tone is lame for sure. I added an '87 low tone horn and it now produces a good blast.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 03-22-2015).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try some working horns from the early 60's. They must of had horn wars back then. A 65 Plymouth Fury horn is guaranteed to scare the driver himself and my 60 Pontiac can still be a bit unnerving when I unintentionally bump the horn ring.

I have Delorean horns on the Fiero. Plug & Play.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donuteater306:

I pulled a set of horns from an 80's Buick LeSabre, also plug n play. They're LOUD! No more Meep Meep from my Fiero.

Me too! Any of the "big boat" GMs and full-size vans and trucks will be loud.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay