Cold air intake for 3800SC by gtoformula
Started on: 12-01-2014 09:09 AM
Replies: 1 (608 views)
Last post by: fieroaddicted on 12-02-2014 06:32 AM
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a cold air intake for my 3800SC. This is courtesy of a thread from Darth Fiero ... link below.
I was luck enough to find an intake duct from a 4.3L V6 Silverado pick up and bought the RU-3130 air filter from O'Reilly's Auto. I had a discount coupon for O'Reilly's so the parts total was only about $50.
It is necessary to cut the Silverado duct roughly in half. The end opposite the bellows end can then be clocked into position to fit the air filter and also to use the end to clamp to the remaining end of the bellows portion. The only thing that I did differently than Darth Fiero was to bolt a section of aluminum stock to the chassis and then clamp the other end to the duct. This was done to keep the air filter from bouncing around, but due to the tight fit in that area this step may not be necessary.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-118267.html

Here is the install showing the bellows end of the duct connected to the throttle body.

Shows where I mounted the IAT. No mounting boss necessary ... just bore a hole and the IAT threads tightly into the duct.

Shows filter located inside the wheel housing and behind the wheel well liner.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2014 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check out page 9 on my build and you will see what i ended up doing with mine. I started out with the same thing as you i believe. I think the pics will help. Hope it helps.
troy

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/126444-9.html
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock