WHY do my pictures" Now" not open ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 09-21-2014 05:56 PM
Replies: 9 (141 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 09-22-2014 12:27 AM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/126444-9.html in fieroaddicted's post, 1/3rd way down. I had posted pictures, they WERE showing until today, Now only boxes with Xs ! someone asked me to see them, now they don't open. any ideas ? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you post them ? Once in a while, if you use a hosting website and they have any issues on a given day, your pics dont show. Just try again later or the next day. Also if you move or edit them on the website, they wont show under the old URL. If you used Penn Image Poster, your on your own.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-21-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they were posted using PIP from this site and were not edited. troys pictures are showing, mine disappeared this afternoon.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

they were posted using PIP from this site

And theres your answer. I stopped using it years ago because of all the problems.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so, if PIP of this site has been faulty for years, WHY has it Not been FIXED ?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so, if PIP of this site has been faulty for years, WHY has it Not been FIXED ?

Troy is using Photobucket for his images. When you use the PIP on here, your photos are uploaded to another server....not Cliff's. If there is a connection issue between that server and Cliff's, or if the image server goes down completely, they will not sync correctly and you will get the red X.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-21-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/126444-9.html in fieroaddicted's post, 1/3rd way down. I had posted pictures, they WERE showing until today, Now only boxes with Xs ! someone asked me to see them, now they don't open. any ideas ?

I see no red X's on that page.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I stopped using it (PIP) years ago because of all the problems.

Did posting that make your day, Roger?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check to make sure you can see the server where the pictures are being hosted. Open up an DOS/Command prompt and trying looking up the server using nslookup. If you can't see it, there could be a problem with your DNS. I had intermittent problems seeing PIP posted pictures until I changed to public DNS from L3.

C:\>nslookup images.fieroforum.com
Server: resolver1.level3.net
Address: 209.244.0.3

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: fieroforum.com
Address: 217.148.167.147
Aliases: images.fieroforum.com

Once I changed to these DNS settings, I've never had a problem with seeing pictures posted with PIP or posting them myself.

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.244.0.3
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They work fine here. Must be a network issue between you and the server they're on.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now it's all working again ! Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock