Started on: 08-28-2014 06:07 PM
Replies: 16 (711 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 09-02-2014 02:22 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone added CC into a NON optioned car?

What do I need to GIT ER DONE?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The easiest/best option for a non-DBW engine, would be to use the digital cruise, following the instructions in the 3rd link at http://www.gmtuners.com/files/index.htm .

You'll need the wiring, turn signal stalk with cruise, module, actuator, and cable, IIRC. But the full list should be in that document.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added an electronic cruise control to an 88 Mera on a GT frame and it works well. I can look up the specific manufacturer (Rosta I think) if you are interested. I will also be adding the electronic cruise to another 88 Mera in the future. This vehicle has a 3800 SC Series III engine and a Northstar TV along with a few other goodies.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-31-2014).]

Kevin-84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin-84SESend a Private Message to Kevin-84SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Rostra Electronic cruise control is a nice unit, I installed one on my motorcycle.

Kevin
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I added an electronic cruise control to an 88 Mera on a GT frame and it works well. I can look up the specific manufacturer (Rosta I think) if you are interested. I will also be adding the electronic cruise to another 88 Mera in the future.

Nelson

I googled them but don't see any pricing info. Any gotcha's when installing?
Kevin-84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin-84SESend a Private Message to Kevin-84SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Rostra 250-1223 is the main unit and I see Amazon has it for $172, the column controls will be another $30 to $60, I see they now have wireless control for about $90.

Kevin
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Has anyone added CC into a NON optioned car?

What do I need to GIT ER DONE?

Yep, I added it to my 3800SC and love it. Have Stephen add the throttle control cable like he did with mine (88 4 cylinder cable ?) then use the electronic cruise setup (AR module and Darth's directions). There are only about a dozen connections to make; just go through it 1-at-a-time. Here's some good info:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-102406.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128382.html

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Yep, I added it to my 3800SC and love it. Have Stephen add the throttle control cable like he did with mine (88 4 cylinder cable ?) then use the electronic cruise setup (AR module and Darth's directions). There are only about a dozen connections to make; just go through it 1-at-a-time. Here's some good info:

Where did you get the AR module? What vehicle does it come out of? I searched on ebay but sis NOT see AR specific ones.
mike-ohio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike-ohioClick Here to visit mike-ohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to mike-ohioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added an audiovox unit and put a magnet on the axel and bolted the pickup to the transmision. easy to do.

not fancy but reasonably priced, easy to install, and works well.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ick ick ick.

Is your bell crank and throttle/cruise bracket the same as what it seems like all the other 3800s look like? You are going to mount the cruise in the stock location? I can pick up an AR along with the correct length and ended cable at the yard next time I am there.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

ick ick ick.

Is your bell crank and throttle/cruise bracket the same as what it seems like all the other 3800s look like? You are going to mount the cruise in the stock location? I can pick up an AR along with the correct length and ended cable at the yard next time I am there.

I am using the N* bracket for ZZP.
http://shop.zzperformance.c...e-Cable-Bracket.aspx

Yes, Stock location is the plan.
Sure, plz pick me one up. PM me the details.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Where did you get the AR module? What vehicle does it come out of? I searched on ebay but sis NOT see AR specific ones.

I think it was a 1990's monte carlo. Here's a post where Darth talks about using one from 96-99 cadillac northstar:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130118.html

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-30-2014).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you are running the Northstar throttle body then also? Please post a pic of the bell crank so I can make sure the end of the cable snaps on whatever post they provide for the cruise. Point out which one is for the cruise.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you are running the Northstar throttle body then also? Please post a pic of the bell crank so I can make sure the end of the cable snaps on whatever post they provide for the cruise. Point out which one is for the cruise.

Yes N* TB. I will get U a pic as soon as I can.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please post a pic of the bell crank so I can make sure the end of the cable snaps on whatever post they provide for the cruise. Point out which one is for the cruise.

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nosrac
Could you please measure the outer opening for the N* TB ? the part where the intake hose connects to.
I am wondering if is the same width as the L67 TB
Thanks in advance
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Nosrac
Could you please measure the outer opening for the N* TB ? the part where the intake hose connects to.
I am wondering if is the same width as the L67 TB
Thanks in advance

It is 4" on the intake side and 3" on the M90 side.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 09-02-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock