Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  84' SE: Proper way to check fuel pressure with kit?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
84' SE: Proper way to check fuel pressure with kit? by mckaymotoworks
Started on: 04-26-2014 10:30 AM
Replies: 2 (88 views)
Last post by: mckaymotoworks on 04-26-2014 12:09 PM
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rented a pressure test kit, looking through my 84' workshop manual section 6C-5, it says to remove fuel pump fuse, run car till fuel is cleared out of lines. Then replace fuse, hook up kit to the TBI side of fuel filter, start car, observe pressure reading.

The threads I have found via Search reference jumping ALDL "G" pin with 12VDC and grounded, but they seem to be 86' and older w/ the V6 which I know have very obvious differences.

So what is the correct way for an 84'? I would assume the manual is correct.

EDIT: I broke this off from my main thread as I thought it might be useful in the future via Search for any new members with an early model. Cut down on the chance of the same thread in the future.

[This message has been edited by mckaymotoworks (edited 04-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Have you seen this thread?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/127190.html

Yes, that's more along the lines of what's needed to perform or how to make your own, but not the procedure itself.
I followed what was in the workshop manual, got 12-13 PSI. Updated my other thread.

So the core question was what procedure is right, seems it is what is in the manual and that the other engines have a different process. So section 6C-5 in the workshop manual.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock