Hydraulic throwout Bearing? by Madess
Started on: 04-13-2014 09:13 PM
Replies: 6 (379 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 04-17-2014 06:05 PM
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have swapped in a 3.93 geared transmission to mate to my quad 4 that uses a hydraulic throwout bearing, and this is what the attachment point for the hydraulics looks like on the transmission.

But the adapter I bought from a guy in Florida who makes them for ecotec swaps, looks like this.

Does anyone know where I can get the proper adapter? Thanks for any help.
Matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What transmission is that? Or what did you grab it from?

------------------

cyrus88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cyrus88:

When I swapped my Fiero Getrag for one with HTOB, I used Mcleod 139204-xx and cut off the fiero clutch flexline. Then I used 4-AN tube adapater and 4-AN union to attach it to the fiero hardline.

Or, you can look here for more options

EDITED to Add: The part number I've stated above does not fit! I had purchased the Mcleod line some years ago and I had forgotten that I had to cut off the quick disconnect fitting and used the fitting from a Pontiac Sunfire instead. The Mcleod fitting is longer and will not lock in place.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 05-07-2014).]

Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am assuming the Mcleod 139204-xx directly connects to the hydraulic throwout bearing's adapter from your description?

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 04-14-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look on the backside of the plastic fitting and you should find a nut. Remove the nut, toss the plastic fitting and then you are left with a 1/4" inverted flare fitting.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 04-14-2014).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Madess:

But the adapter I bought from a guy in Florida who makes them for ecotec swaps, looks like this.

Yeah... unfortunately that adapter will only work on 2000+ transmissions like the F23 and F40. Just a note for anyone else who finds this thread.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:
Yeah... unfortunately that adapter will only work on 2000+ transmissions like the F23 and F40. Just a note for anyone else who finds this thread.

Except the flare on the end that connects to the Fiero hard line is incorrect. This adapter is for an inverted metric flare and the fiero line is a bubble flare.

Originally posted by fieroguru:
When I got to the clutch line, things slowed down quite a bit. First I noticed the Thelin HTOB clutch line adapter has an inverted flare on the inside instead of the mating side of a bubble flare.

And sure enough on the end of the stock fiero clutch line that I broke off, you can see where the inverted flare was pushing down in the center of the bubble flare.

I have never seen this mentioned in any F23 thread, so I am starting to think that all (or most) of them have been installed with the wrong flare on the end. I used my flare tool to modify the bubble flare to better seal with the inverted flare surface.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock