Horn replacement by BrittB
Started on: 04-07-2014 09:24 PM
Replies: 6 (275 views)
Last post by: FieroBobo on 04-09-2014 08:40 PM
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, the Fiero horn sound has gotten to me, it sucks, it sounds like something you would find in a clown car! I want to find a horn out of a bigger car like a Firebird/Camaro, is there any problems I should be aware of in trying this? Also, I haven't found the horns yet but I haven't crawled underneath yet either. I'm assuming they will be found in front of the radiator somewhere under my bumper pad nose on my 85 SE.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/091922.html#p10
use search for more

See my Cave, Horn

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The horn tones are slightly adjustable - you should be able to get a piercing two tone blast unless it's an '88 which has one tone.

There are screws protruding from the horn housing that alter the tone when turned. It's best done when the horn is sounding & while wearing earplugs.

I've adjusted several to restore the sound & added a low tone Fiero horn to my '88 to obtain two tones.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put an air horn in our first Fiero. loved it, not that expensive really 30 bucks I think, comes with their own small electric compressor, worked great whenever anyone walked in front of me especially the girls with big hooters.

you can even get ones that play tunes now, just about anything you want from the dukes of hazard to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

I did put a Buick full size set in our 86 SE we have now. any bone yard set will work.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always replace my small car horns with some junkyard ones. My best was a set of old corvette horns for a miata- it sounded like a train! In my Honda, I just spliced an old Cadillac horn in addition to the small stock one. The final product is the most disgusting, attention grabbing sound I couldve asked for
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soundclip of Grand Prix GTP horn at the end.

-Mitch
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, Fierosound ?, replaced his horn with an OEM unit from a DeLorean, and he liked the sound and volume. See link below:
http://store.delorean.com/s...aspx?searchterm=horn

Good luck in your search.

Let us all know what you finally wind up with.

~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay