Fuel door cable broke by Ducati Jones
Started on: 04-01-2014 02:01 PM
Replies: 4 (88 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 04-01-2014 04:41 PM
Ducati Jones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesClick Here to Email Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a serch in the archives and didn't find much. Anyone have the cable to the fuel door break? Is this something that is serviceable? I looked at the Fiero store and didn't see the cable. Is it possible to replace it with a cable from a motorcycle or a lawnmower or something? Lucky I had a pocket knife on me when I stopped at the gas station. I had to pry the door open. I am guessing you can access everything with the inner rear pillar cover removed? Just looking for some advice before I start tearing into it. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I actually had the Release Lever and Cable for sale on Ebay not too long ago.

Once you take off that trim, you will see how easy that lever releases, 4 screws I think.

Then the end of the cable in the gas cap simply has a ball on the end that fits into the release.

I should think it would be simple to use any old cable as long as you can secure it in the cap mechanism.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 04-01-2014).]

Ducati Jones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesClick Here to Email Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I missed your ebay sale. Well another thing to add to this weekends list of things to do. Thanks for the feedback!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure thing!

Its not hard at all, I'm sure you'll be fine
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Diagram here: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129865.html

I'm pretty sure the Service Manual has a diagram shows its routing through the B Pillar in the Body Section.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-01-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave