Gauge Lights not working. by fierogt27
Started on: 01-19-2014 02:15 PM
Replies: 9 (228 views)
Last post by: fierogt27 on 01-20-2014 07:29 PM
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, my gauge lights aren't working on my dash. When driving the rpm, mph and gas gauge needles are working they are just not lighting up when head lights are turned on. When the key is in the on position the check engine light, e brake and door ajar lights come on. Also the lights for the ac controls do not come on neither. Checked all fuses and they are all good. I was just wondering if anyone had any clue of what might be the problem before I tear my dash off and start chasing wires one by one
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure your brake lights work...
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brake lights are functioning. All exterior lights including reverse and side markers are functioning. Interior dome and floor lights are also working.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked out the dimmer wheel for the interior lights? It has an 'off' position that is sometimes a problem.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-2-047053.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-19-2014).]

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish the link still had pictures that functioned so I could see how to replace the resisitor.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see them all.....
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 and 86 both had a bad dimmer transistor. Its located to the right of the steering column under the dash.

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 01-20-2014).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
start by looking at schematic on page 274 of the Haynes manual,
look at brown (brn) & dark green With white wired( dkgrn/wht)
BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS MAKES YOUR LIFE EASIER
replace fuse 13,make sure male & female are bright
...............now the fun stuff
pull the light switch & clean the male blades,& female they insert into =EASY CHORE
clean dimmer switch connectors also
a test light is best for this work,,when you locate potential problem ,,use jumper wire to go around it... U
ANY BAD CONNECTION CAUSE INTERMITTEN CONNECTION WHEN YOU HIT BUMPS ,WHICH RUINS THE DIMMER SWITCH eventually
you can glue sand paper to piece of thin flat plastic from plastic juice /soda bottle.. just cut to size keep a few of these in the tool box,, really handy to clean connectors ,,better than metal file
of course check the ground connections in this area (black wires )
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replys everyone. I'm going to try the transistor today and see if that does anything, if not then I will start on what uhlanstan said
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt27

836 posts
Member since Jan 2011
Replaced transistor, no luck, lights still not working, will try uhlanstan's solution tomorrow and let yall know.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock