Outside door handle doesn't open door by Zoll
Started on: 01-14-2014 02:14 PM
Replies: 5 (199 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-19-2014 05:03 PM
Zoll

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZollSend a Private Message to ZollEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The outside door handle doesn't work now, we took the inside skin off and the rod appears to be moving what it should. But the lock mechanisam doesn't move. Any ideas why?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well either it's broken, or more than likely it's gummed up. Try spraying it with a penetrating oil and see if you can free it up. Are your hinges good?

Edit to add; try the "search" function, you'll be amazed at what you can find on stuck doors.
seems it's common for the door to be locked when you think it's not due to the rod coming off the mechenisim. I've only had sticky door locks and not a completly stuck one so hopefully somebody else will chime in or you can find an answer in the archives.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-14-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, the handle connects to a rod that pushes down on a lever in the latch. If the rod gets bent slightly, it can become too short to push the latch all the way down. I have a car in my garage right now with that issue, but haven't dug into it yet.
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the "spring" break on my handle and it made opening the door very difficult.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its either gotten a bent rod (maybe forced when it was frozen), or the rods come out of the clip. My suggestion after 45 years as a body man.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock