Door carpet replacement by FieroGTChile87
Started on: 12-30-2013 04:40 AM
Replies: 4 (331 views)
Last post by: bmac on 01-02-2014 05:01 AM
FieroGTChile87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTChile87Send a Private Message to FieroGTChile87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had success removing the carpet from the inner door panel using Carb Cleaner, so that is not my issue.

I was just wondering if anyone has replaced the door carpet, and if so, what is the best way to trim/measure the carpet? I attempted to use the original as a template, but that didn't go so well.

Also, what type of adhesive would be recommended? I have so 3M Auto Interior Trim spray which seems to have garnered positive feedback. Would a contact cement be more appropriate?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely use "Brush on" Contact adhesive. hard part is getting it to form around the corners.
jhgraham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since we are kinda local, had mine done by mike's Custom, on 422 in Limerick, PA. Excellent work and included map pocket mounting. 6104894215. He may answer your questions but he is fast and inexpensive.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The carpet is simple. Lay your new carpet down. While holding it down along the edge closest to the armrest, trace the area with a chalk pencil and then cut. Use contact cement as it works the best.

bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, I'm sure you probably know this but just in case, Russ makes some great door covers and they come with instructions. I love mine.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/061470.html

Brian

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock