Series 3 3800 S/C Mod Questions by IROCTAFIERO
Started on: 09-22-2013 09:24 PM
Replies: 11 (409 views)
Last post by: IROCTAFIERO on 11-26-2013 05:44 AM
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled a 2004 Grand Prix 3800 S/C and 4t65 for $350 today.
I have some questions about modding a series 3

I dont want to open up the engine for a cam/etc at this time.
I want to drop to a 3.6 pulley using 104 plugs, a lower temp thermostat, a powerlog, basic fiero 3800 exhaust routing

Is the 3.6 ok with those mods on a fiero?
could I go lower?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3.6 on GenV will be fine with simple flow mods and tune.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ What a great deal. What your mileage?

I have basically the EXACT same setup. No cam, plog, except I wanted to try a 3.5" Pulley... I just ordered it last week
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3.5 or 3.6 will work. The difference between the 2 would be extremely small.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

I dont want to open up the engine for a cam/etc at this time.
?

1.9 rockers and 105# springs would give good gains.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

1.9 rockers and 105# springs would give good gains.

sorry to hijack... Which brand of rockers and springs do you suggest? If the only mods to a Series III were these rockers and a 3.5 pulley, there should be no need for an intercooler, correct (assuming a decent tune?)

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

sorry to hijack... Which brand of rockers and springs do you suggest? If the only mods to a Series III were these rockers and a 3.5 pulley, there should be no need for an intercooler, correct (assuming a decent tune?)

Reworked stock rockers from ZZP in 1.9 toand some 90# or 105# springs.... No IC needed and gains r pretty good...Ran them on my first swap.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Reworked stock rockers from ZZP in 1.9 toand some 90# or 105# springs.... No IC needed and gains r pretty good...Ran them on my first swap.

^^^^
Yeah, what he said. E85 is also a real beast too and apparently it is equal to a complete IC system.

Smaller Pulleys make moar powah but you must control the added heat and ultimately KR to get the power out of the pulley.

I wonder what e85 and a full size IC would equal to.....Turdbo.....
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I wonder what e85 and a full size IC would equal to.....Turdbo.....

Less power than E85 and no IC.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just recently purchased a Series 3 to put into my 88 Forumla does anyone know would the above Mods (N* throttle body, 1.9 Rockers, #105 Springs, 3.5 Pulley, 180 Tstat, & colder spark plugs) be supported by the WCF Headers or stock exhaust?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

I just recently purchased a Series 3 to put into my 88 Forumla does anyone know would the above Mods (N* throttle body, 1.9 Rockers, #105 Springs, 3.5 Pulley, 180 Tstat, & colder spark plugs) be supported by the WCF Headers or stock exhaust?

Pass on the WCF headers as they r prone to cracking...There is a guy in the Mall making them that looks good...Stock exhaust is a no-go..
PFF
System Bot
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a set of almost new SLP headers for $300 shipped the other day! Keep an eye on 3800pro.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock