11.25 Brake Upgrade, right calipers? by 86GTFastback
Started on: 08-25-2013 09:59 AM
Replies: 3 (463 views)
Last post by: 86GTFastback on 09-06-2013 09:54 PM
86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm in the middle of a 11.25" brake upgrade and I have the fronts mocked up, but it looks like at full turn, the bleeders are going to dig into the shocks:

The picture is not at full turn, but it hits and I image in could hit hard.

The part numbers for the calipers I have are SLC134 and SLC135 from Advance Auto and should be for a 85 Seville. Did I get the wrong Calipers or is there something I'm missing?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

http://myfiero.oceanmoon.co...er’s-brake-upgrade

Yes I've read that, I was going off of https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-2-109042.html

It doesn't show the backs of the calipers installed though. I may end up just getting a set of Camaro calipers, though I thought I read they definitely wouldn't fit under 15" wheels.
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To anyone who might come across this in the future, ended up with the Camaro calipers up front, they took some massaging with an angle grinder to fit in the bracket and to get the brake hose to fit. All four wheels took massaging on the top of the calipers to clear the wheels, some worse than others. The little square 'things' on the inside of the wheels hit. I decided to take the difference off the caliper due to it being cheaper to replace than the wheels. I think its the difference in casting of the wheels and calipers. I tried different wheels on the same caliper and some would hit more than others.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock