Successful 3.4 dohc swap. by ricksmastermix
Started on: 07-20-2013 03:54 PM
Replies: 2 (258 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 07-20-2013 05:48 PM
ricksmastermix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricksmastermixClick Here to visit ricksmastermix's HomePageSend a Private Message to ricksmastermixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After recently doing the 3.4 dohc engine swap and re-painting below the beltline to fix the scratches and chips, I have made a few short trips to work out the bugs. I had some issues with overheating which went away once I successfully burped the cooling system and the original sepentine belt lost a thread. Also, one of the axle seals had a bad leak, so the seal had to be replaced. Otherwise, everything seems to be running fine. I used a Magnaflow CAT and the SpinTech muffler and you can hear me coming from a distance, but what a sound!

This swap is proving to be a lot of fun. The increase in HP is awesome. The Spyder can finally go and sound as fast as it looks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I love mine!

Nolan
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I am redoing the LQ1 swap in Garth's car. Well, technically I am swapping all his good stuff onto an '85GT. Happy for you, its a good feeling isnt it?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock