Need to locate info about hood seal by 86 Vintage Fiero
Started on: 07-06-2013 08:58 AM
Replies: 3 (172 views)
Last post by: JimmyS on 07-23-2013 06:41 PM
86 Vintage Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over a week ago, I was reading an article about a company called Fiero Fiberglass. They make several items I would like to purchase BUT I wanted to view some of the pictures and the explanation other Fiero owners wrote. As usual I need some help, can anyone direct me to that article?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thread is here Front hood latch seal

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently found out about Fiero Fiberglass and saw that they sell sunroof cushion pads that go on the underside of the hood and keep the sunroof pressed down when you have the sunroof in the frunk. I purchased a pair because I have been searching for replacements for my car for the past 20 years. When I received them I was a bit disappointed in what I got. What they are selling is cut lengths of an extruded neoprene rubber weather strip that has an adhesive strip on the back. Looking at it I would guess that this material is something used in the boat industry. I was disappointed because I was hoping that what they were selling was closed cell sponge rubber like the OEM cushions were. Technically these cushions will work, but they are much more rigid than what came on the car from the factory.

The Fiero Store is also selling these now, and from the picture on the TFS website it appears that they are selling the same thing that Fiero Fiberglass is offering.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

I recently found out about Fiero Fiberglass and saw that they sell sunroof cushion pads that go on the underside of the hood and keep the sunroof pressed down when you have the sunroof in the frunk. I purchased a pair because I have been searching for replacements for my car for the past 20 years. When I received them I was a bit disappointed in what I got. What they are selling is cut lengths of an extruded neoprene rubber weather strip that has an adhesive strip on the back. Looking at it I would guess that this material is something used in the boat industry. I was disappointed because I was hoping that what they were selling was closed cell sponge rubber like the OEM cushions were. Technically these cushions will work, but they are much more rigid than what came on the car from the factory.

The Fiero Store is also selling these now, and from the picture on the TFS website it appears that they are selling the same thing that Fiero Fiberglass is offering.

Did you not look at the picture on the website and read the description? I can assure you that these are not cut lengths from something from the boat industry. We paid a fair amount of money for tooling and to design a seal that would work better than OEM with a more modern material that will not deteriorate and deform like the stock pieces.

If your disappointed, you should have contacted us or better yet, you should have read the description on the website and looked at the pics. If they have not been installed, you can always send them back to us for a full refund minus shipping. Then spend another 20 years looking for a better replacement.

As for The Fiero Store... They liked the product and wanted to offer them also so they purchased a few from us along with our Hood Latch gasket. They know that tooling and R&D is not cheap so it was much more logical for them to make a purchase rather than try and re-invent it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock