3800 build parts list by Flux
Started on: 01-17-2013 01:36 AM
Replies: 100 (5267 views)
Last post by: Jacksonator on 05-06-2014 09:00 AM
Flux

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea.
IP: Logged
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why did you use the mustang header instead of the F-body ones?

The 3800's exhaust is symmetrical, and the manifolds can be flipped. Worked great on mine..

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To eliminate the crossover and clear the 4 speed shifter cables, and because the rear manifolds are restricted junk
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, the firebird ones. Not the FWD ones..

The 2001-2002's are really open, and have provisions for dual O2's if you want them. Maybe 1 for PCM and the other for wideband..

That's what I used, they flow great.

------------------

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

aaronkoch

1643 posts
Member since Aug 2003
I agree about the crossover thing. Also, I routed my fuel up the drivers' side to keep the fuel lines well away from the exhaust. Shift cables stay nice and cool as well.

I too went with the 4 speed.

Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ah, didn't catch "F body"

I originally wanted to go with the f body headers, i even made a thread about it, because I wasn't sure if the f body headers would fit. i probably would have used them but no one could confirm if they fit the 3800sc with no issues.

FIEROFLYER modified the front headers and the mustang headers to fit instead. they should be here in a couple days.
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For posterity, they fit, but the front one dumps out where the AC compressor would be, so I had to ditch AC and use an off-the-shelf AC delete pulley from NAPA.

------------------

Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no big, i have a zzp a/c delete pulley aswell. my car doesn't have a/c haha
Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
figure i might as well slap in an xp cam kit while I have the motor out . thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Flux (edited 05-26-2013).]

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i installed a comp cam that was similar to the VS cam. 115 deg LSA, and over .500" lift. In order to make it work, so far i have had to delete the balance shaft, install a double roller timing set, 2 paper front cover gaskets, oil pump cover machined .045", performance springs, retainers and valves. Hopefully it will be worth every penny.
addysvan1987gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for addysvan1987gtSend a Private Message to addysvan1987gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought an xp hot cam from ZZP with 105 lb springs and modified retainers. Said everything could be stock with it.
Edit for auto correct.
------------------
-----1987 Pontiac Fiero GT Fastback

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings. -Richard Dawkins

Officer: Sir, is there a reason why you are not wearing your seat belt.
Me: Yes. If my Fiero catches on fire I can get out faster.

[This message has been edited by addysvan1987gt (edited 05-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like that's the route i'm taking
addysvan1987gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for addysvan1987gtSend a Private Message to addysvan1987gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the specs seemed pretty good lol

------------------

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings. -Richard Dawkins

Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump..... for anyone following, this is on hold until I move houses and get settled in.... and save enough money to buy the xp set up ..... also still waiting for my exhaust manifolds from fieroflyer 2 months later. hope they show up before I move
Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
....... i would have loved to have this damn swap done 2 months ago..... however my engine starting ticking, the clutch is too shot to drive with, i'm loosing fluid from the brake master cylinder, flat tire, etc. had to buy a daily driver and put the project on hold. and i'm working with a student budget

anyways I have enough to order my cam setup now -_- http://imageshack.us/a/img832/8707/compcam.jpg

to be continued.......
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I'm missing something here. with those manifolds, Why do you have them "Dumping" towards the front of the engine? Wouldn't you have more room to run pipes going at the back ? Or does the Trans get in the way ? I'm thinking about the F body manifolds, they are plentiful and cheap.
addysvan1987gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for addysvan1987gtSend a Private Message to addysvan1987gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
XP Hot cam. Good choice! That's the one I have too. May have a motor lined up as well! So I may be getting started soon

------------------

Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can help you by answering questions I will. I built up a 3800 L67 for a custom drop into my old school 96 GTP. Lots of wiring and upgrading.

I still have the L67 on the considering block for my Fiero GT engine build. Now I wait to see your impressions on this setup when done.

Cheers
BULL
Flux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, this project is not dead! anyone in calgary have the know how to install a cam & supporting mods?
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inferno the 4 spd 3.8sc set up is a hoot to blast around town in. Been doing it for 5 or 6 years now. You wont regret it.
Jacksonator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JacksonatorSend a Private Message to JacksonatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

For those doing their own harnesses I can usually get them wiring diagrams at no cost and always willing to answer any questions asked. Dan

Would you mind pm ing me those wiring diagrams?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay