Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 8)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93760 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops dbl post

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-23-2012).]

IP: Logged
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Production VW hubs and rotors? Just need to install them?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VW has 2 bolt patterns 5 x 100 or 5 x 112 the 5 x 100 wont work with the 82 mm bearings i used and if i use the hubs as they are i will need to buy 2 wheels due to the 5 x 112 bolt pattern so i can buy wheels and rotors or i can have these modified
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Yes the LS engine would be a big challenge but it could be done if you used this transmission but it would be a lot of work and money as you need the special clutch set up for this transmission

Beautiful car and coming along nicely. BTW, what trans is this? How close is the bolt pattern to the GM Metric pattern? Thanks.
(sorry, I didn't see the info)
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it comes from a 2009 and up Audi not even sure if you can get 1 in the USA
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it comes from a 2009 and up Audi not even sure if you can get 1 in the USA

Model number? Power limitations?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry don't know the model # as i dint really research it to much since i knew i wast going to use it
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That transmission + a VW 4.0 W8 would be a sweeeet package for this: http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 11-27-2012).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i will say that i cost my self about $600 doing the hubs and axles they way i did i should have just used the stock hubs and the passat and fiero axles and welded them together . if you look at a VW passat axle you will see that the 2 axle shaft ends are welded in a tube all i needed to do was cut 1 end off then make a bushing and slide the cut off fiero axle in to the right length and weld
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
live and learn right?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup that right live and learn
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard it was snowing back home but i figured I'd ask anyway Any updates?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no updates and it did snow but they say 58 on Tuesday
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well i will say that i cost my self about $600 doing the hubs and axles they way i did i should have just used the stock hubs and the passat and fiero axles and welded them together . if you look at a VW passat axle you will see that the 2 axle shaft ends are welded in a tube all i needed to do was cut 1 end off then make a bushing and slide the cut off fiero axle in to the right length and weld

Now will this make it easier next time you need axels or just all around more expensive?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think the A8 axles are going to work for me the passat ones are about 2 inches to short and from what i can tell the A8 are just the right length
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you think the passat axles would be to small?.... dam
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the passat axles are 2 inches to short i know for a fact due to i have some from when i bought my parts i got a pair of them
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**** . will the a8 fit the passat trans?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get back working on this car but the job dint last and i totaled my truck and just have been trying to recover from that i banged up my ribs pretty good
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you get well soon and won't have to can the project after coming this far.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no caning it have to much into it so it is just on hold but i might finish it up as i need a car and I probably can finish this for what i can buy something for

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-16-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you got some snow but any updates?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no update we got about a foot in total and it has been below zero and right now money is really tight after crashing my truck and now lack of work i am just trying to keep my head above water
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear, good luck with everything, what type of work do you do? Was it winter layoffs? Any chance for unemployment?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have owned a automotive machine shop so i know how to do that and i can do light construction i have a CDL A but no experience and a few other thing's but there just not much work out there seems like there are some part time jobs and care giver jobs but not much els and if there is 100 people show up to try and fill the 1 job
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is WI, many companies are looking to hire trained machinists and CNC operators. I've been to New Hampshire, and It seemed like there was a pretty good industry base. Surprised there isnt many openings. Have you tried contacting any job recruiters, it's no cost to you. I get calls from recruiters just about every week looking to fill engineering openings.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 01-09-2013).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i have but i don't have CNC training just Automotive Machining such as Boring Bar , Valve Jobs ,block resurfacing and such but no CNC unfortunately
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One is never too old to learn. The fact that you know how to do all that, and can find the letters on a keyboard is a good sign that you can write some simple g code and set up an operation.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**** , I was going to say I used to work for 2 different company's up there doing construction but then again it's winter layoff time, however come spring if you still don't have any work there's a company mirra out of Georgetown ma that's always looking for CDL drivers ( you would have to labor a bit as well ) but the pay isn't the best but they have a lot of work
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just called a Community College to see about a CNC course but it said they need 10 people before they run the class i can only hope since it is the only school in the area that teaches CNC programing . oh ya the person i needed to talk to was not in
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume you've checked with Hypertherm?
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i have tried to get into Hypertherm as i can walk to work from where i live

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-10-2013).]

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured you had to be close in Enfield.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i actualy live in lebanon now on the Etna rd same road as Hypertherm

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-11-2013).]

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, very close then. I live in VT, but my Fiero is stored and worked on at my parents place in Goshen, so I go right through Lebanon. I'd be curious to check out your project some time. Maybe spring time when I get my '88 out.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya i would love to show you what i am doing just not sure when i will be able to afford to finish it up i really need to get back to work i might end up flipping burger at Mc Donald's
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have a engine to put together for a friend's sprint car so i will make a few buck's then i can get my hubs back so i can set it down on the wheels
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about DHMC or Dartmouth college?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to work for the VA office for this outfit: http://www.oasisalignment.com/

Can't say it's great work, but it's work. They like machinists because you already understand numbers, tolerancing, spatial relationships (prependicularity, parallelism), etc.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen much for either DHMC or Dartmouth College but both places are good places to work. thanks for the link Will but they are to far away

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-14-2013).]

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock