Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 43)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93714 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i worked on the fiero and tried to start it but it would not start sounded like i was not firing the injectors when i tried testing them i do know the ignition is firing so i will need to repair that
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i have the fiero running but not good it sounds like only half the engine is running so i will pull the other 4 plugs and put some good clean ones in and i will check to see that the firing order is right by testing each coil in tuner studio to make sure i wired it right but i will get it running right as i always do it just takes time to sort every thing out and i also have more go fast parts for the boat coming like turbo parts i have decided i will have to build my own turbo headers for it but the turbo stuff is next summer
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well found the problem just forgot to put it on coil on plug instead of wasted spark so only half the plugs where firing but now she starts and runs i can drive her again
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
on the boat front engine is in and runs i am awaiting a place diverter nozzle and i will need a few more things , as you can see the boat itself needs a good restoration as there are cracks in the gel coat the seats are in good shape they just need a good cleaning

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-13-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

A droop snoot, have not seen one of those in a while
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup i bet you haven't and there is on thing you did not mention how about that Jetovator Berkeley has not made them in about 40 years but i am replacing that with a Place Diverter nozzle
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thinking about getting my knock sensors hooked up i will need to solder in the knock sensor circuit but i need a new tip for my soldering iron or a new soldering iron and i am not sure who even sells them in my area as Radio Shack is gone
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i put the knock sensor module in today i got my brain to work and bought soldering iron at Home depot

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-18-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the knock sensors are now all hooked up i just need to turn them on in the software and set the sensitivity
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero running on the megasquirt 3x full sequential
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ2WNy69GGs
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
took the car for a ride yesterday or at least tried but it ran like crap not sure why but i re did every thing last night the tune idle warm up enrichment accelerator shot all of it and i would say it is running the best it has as i took it for a ride today and it went right past 6500 no problem in 3 gears but with the slipping blower belt it is not getting full boost and that repair is coming soon

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-22-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yesterday i called the machinist I use and told him to start working on my dual belt crank pulley for the supercharger and today he called and said it was ready so the supercharger will be run by two 6 groove belts instead of the one 6 groove belt that should take care of any slippage i will post pic of the pulley but it will be at least 2 weeks before i pull the engine and make what I need to make it work

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-23-2018).]

MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope the pulley upgrade goes well for you and your tenacity to get this thing right is really second to none! (BTW, Didn't know Home Depot had those soldering irons...)

Now.....my wife might have a bone to pick with you..."why all of a sudden do you want a boat; and what the hell is a jet boat anyway? But honey, they had the 455 Olds in them...............(crickets)................" (oh well).

BR's,

Mark

------------------
86 SE V6 Auto
65 Tempest 400 CID
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6
2015 BMW 535iX M Sport
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tell your wife if she has fun with fast cars she would like the hot rod of boat jet boats and i mean the V8 powered Hot Boat

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
old pulley and new double pulley
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam i know i can't stand it already the belt slipping today was driving me nuts and i will need to take the engine out and repair the problem with my double belt lower pulley and a pair of 3 inch upper pulleys
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your machinist has skills that pulley looks good, hope this fixes your probs

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes he is good i dream it up and he makes it happen i have not seen him not be able to make what i want yet
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i am waiting on some tools as and belt tensioner and i need to put rocker panels on my sport track and i could finish the boat up so i have plenty to do
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero running on the megasquirt 3x full sequential

It sounds so... civilized. You ruined it!

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I will turn the idle down to where it is on the raged edge of running so you feel better Lol
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok I will turn the idle down to where it is on the raged edge of running so you feel better Lol

Yes, please! It's that "ragged edge" sound that I miss.

Out of curiosity, what is the approximate idle speed in that video? (...because it does seem quite smooth.)
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is at 1100 so it needs to come down a bit
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the idle was on the high side, we need to hear more than the idle...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
once i get it sorted out i will do a good over the road video l should be pulling the engine out this next week so i can get the new oil seals in and get my belts situated i think i want to move the computer as i feel it is in a bad place for heat
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be pulling the engine out Monday so i can hopefully get it back in by the end of the week
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2018 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok tomorrow the engine comes back out of the Fiero i hope for the last time to replace the cam seals and the crank seal plus do the dual belts for the supercharger and move the intake air temp sensor think it will be back in by next weekend it depends on how it goes as far as the belt system as i need to fabricate that
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2018 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok the engine is all out it took 3 hours as i struggled with the throttle body getting it off the supercharger as it had a few socket cap screws that striped the heads out so that took a extra half hour
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems the pulley hub on the supercharger was slipping on the shaft as i noticed the pulley wobbling so i disassembled all of it and it appears there is galling on the shaft and the hub
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2018 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it keyed, press fit or other?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2018 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just press fit i have a new hub coming and am trying to find a shaft then i will have it keyed so it wont slip again i checked the shaft for size and straightness and it looks good has anyone used Loctite sleeve retainer as i might use that to stop that from slipping

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-06-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2018 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I did a bit of pulley alignment today it looks like i am off 1/4 inch with the tensioner and idler for the second belt i need to move it in and i have made the right spacer for that

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i am waiting on some parts for the fiero one is the supercharger pulley hub and the other is the crankshaft timing belt pulley because when i pulled it off part of it was broken off that locates it basically it is a key made right to the pulley and fits in the crankshaft keyway i just hope the place i ordered it from has one as they are a discontinued part
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i had to buy another engine just for the crankshaft timing belt pulley
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the salvage yard i was going to get the engine from could not find the engine so i did some more searching and found a salvage yard with a parts engine close by and they are pulling the part i need and i should have by no latter than Monday and as early as Friday
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must need to play the lottery as i am lucky the guy who picks up my scrap metal came in today and i told him i wish i din't get rid of the parts engine i gave him i told him i needed the crankshaft timing belt pulley so he spoke up and said it is your lucky day i haven't brought that in for scrap yet and you can come over and take the pulley off that you need so i did and now the timing belt is back on and i am assembling the rest of the engine .
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i told him i wish i din't get rid of the parts engine i gave him...

I'm a great believer in not getting rid of anything. You never know when it might come in handy.

Of course, now I can't find whatever I'm looking for as I have way too much stuff.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup i have a friend like that and you can't walk around but hr does have some really cool stuff just hard to find it or get to it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-13-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark new dual serpentine blower belt system

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2018 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i think i am going to need to do some more machining for the second belt tensioning system as where i have it bolted to seems to be out of square so it is not square to the crankshaft pulley and every thing must lineup and be square to the crankshaft pulley
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock