Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 39)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93714 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol it is not a Boston accent but i only live 140 miles from there when i was young and went to FL they all wanted me to say park the car in Scotland yard then they would laugh about my accent have a great Christmas Patrick
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

park the car in Scotland yard

Yep, I can imagine how you'd pronounce that. Do it in your next video!

Mark, wishing you all the best of the holiday season!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
she is back down on all four tires i just need to hook up the clutch and bleed it so i need a dash 4 line about 18 inches long with a 90 degree end and i need wheel hub centering rings and those are ordered . i need to adjust the shiftier cables and just tiding things up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i took the wiring and secured it with some wire looms and i fastened the ecu in the trunk this cleaned thing up next will be the clutch the hose and that should be in tomorrow so i can take care of that then maybe next week i will order up the water / methanol injection kit and install that if any of you can give me advice on what type of kit or brand
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i am looking at the Snow stage 2 water /methanol injection any one with pro's or cons on these kits . Today i took the car out side and ran it other than it being rich the engine seems to run great and the sound is just great I can't explain how good it sounds in person maybe some time i will get a video with good sound
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't explain how good it sounds in person. maybe some time i will get a video with good sound

That's what we're all counting on!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Order a Snow Performance Stage 2 water / methanol kit and that should be to me by the 9th

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-29-2017).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Snow system and it works well. I have a turbo though and I have heard people comment that it is not good for superchargers as it will wash the coating off the vanes in the supercharger. I have never had an SC car so can't confirm that one way or the other.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting i could always inject after supercharger and i am wondering since you said vanes if they are talking about a centrifugal SC like Paxton and not the roots type blower with rotors but any way i will do more research on it so it is working right
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My DD has an aftermarket SC that is an Eaton roots type blower. I put a methanol injection setup on it that sprayed in front of the SC.

After a while boost started dropping off, checked the rotors and they were clean aluminum, looked like they were brand new.

I would not have used the methanol injection if I had known what it would do. Is cost me about $1000.00 to have it rebuilt
and the rotors and rotor bores coated by The High Speed Lab, they do great work.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you spay water / meth anymore after rebuild as i went to there site and it sound like they are saying there coating will take the abuse or are you spaying post blower as i think is the safest way although i did see another shop talk about older Eaton blowers coating that was not good enough and the new Eaton blowers have a better coating
PFF
System Bot
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't use the methanol after getting it rebuilt, didn't want to take a chance with the new coating.

It's my DD so I just backed off the boost to run without the alcohol.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well it looks like the blower will need to come off so i can drill and make it after blower injection and how i am thinking is 2 nozzles one on each side of the blower

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-31-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i found that i have a bad coolant temp sensor and a broken T fitting for the vacuum line to the map sensor so i will need to change the temp sensor
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
temp sensor is not broken i need a resistor in the line from what i can tell so i ordered some 2.49k ohm 1/4 watt resistors
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok the Sptronics is working correctly now now i just need to tune the engine but it is to cold & slippery to drive the car i would bring it to the dyno but there is not one close to where i live closest is about 100 miles from me and i did learn a few thing from the online tuning school but it is basically the same as tuning always was get the timing and fuel correct you are just doing it with a computer now and not jets , weights , springs & timing light you don't have to read plugs anymore as you can see what the AFR is on the computer and you don't need need to play with weights and springs to get the right ignition curve you even have a knock sensor to let you know you have to much timing
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
water / methanol kit showed up today maybe this next weekend i will get it on the car
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow I will put the water/methanol kit in and I will shoot a new video with the new camera.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and I will shoot a new video with the new camera.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a camera like a GoPro it is supposed to do HD but I hope the sound is good I will also use my new Samsung phone and I will see what comes out best for sound and use that one.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lust bought some new fuel injectors due to the ones I have are too big I am not sure why I bought such big injectors they where 53lbs @ 65 psi when I needed 39lb @ 65 psi. not sure what my thinking was at the time I must have been drunk.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure why I bought such big injectors... I must have been drunk.

Quit drinking the injector cleaner!

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vodka cleans injectors who knew lol
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2018 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today I got he new fuel injectors and I might get them in tomorrow but it will be after I go look at a roll back wrecker for my shop
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I put some 39lb injectors in and now it runs right I had way to big of injectors at 53lb injectors now the AFR is 13.5 without adjusting the base fuel map but it still will need tuning
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics please

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will get a video of it soon as today I tried with the phone but every time I set the phone down it shut the video recording off but I will say the new Samsung phone I have has a way better camera and mic but I will try my other camera as it supports HD
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Sounds eager to get out on the road!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it sound great and i would love to take it out but it is not the right time of year for that to much snow & ice as it is freezing rain today
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero rev up video

Mark, I found another video of a very similar car. The guy even sounds like you!

Glad to hear it running again!

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam that guy he snuck in and did a video look at him he even go's and rev's the hell out of my car lol
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds good!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2018 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it does but i need to get a better sound clip as the mic on the cameras are not that great
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations man, glad to hear it running again.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2018 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so happy to hear it run and run right now I need to just finish it up but right now I can't as I need every penny incase my landlord sells the building and I have to move to a new shop
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish this was big in the USA i would love to drive one of these CrossKarts i am sure i would have a grin from ear to ear
https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=wPXENKf84V8&hd=1

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 02-06-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would love to drive one of these CrossKarts...

Sounds like a chainsaw... which I guess is appropriate as I'm afraid I'd probably end up in a tree.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
600 or 750 motorcycle engine but I just looks like fun to me

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 02-06-2018).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see it up and running...

Joe
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock