Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 34)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93760 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i received the tail lights today and the jerk didn't use a box big enough so 2 studs where broken off and the edge of the lens was broken off i did find the 2 studs and epoxied them back on there was zero packing and i do mean zero it pissed me off
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2017 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rear tail lights i am using

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My buddy from NC came over and recorded the car running and shooting flames and his sound on the video is way better than any of my recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbqXOw-JXo

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 02-12-2017).]

TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not viewable.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
try it now i put it on youtube
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't work for me
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dam it went to private just made it public
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well things have been slow in the shop so no fun money to spend but i am sure that things will pick up and i will be back on track building the car
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wet sanded a bit of the car then buffed it and it looks great now i just need to do the rest of the car
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2017 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is up with those who come into your garage / shop and lean on your car ,sit on it or start picking at the paint with there finger nails i know i am building a driver but come on smarten up
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2017 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

what is up with those who come into your garage / shop and lean on your car ,sit on it or start picking at the paint with there finger nails i know i am building a driver but come on smarten up

Stupid people suck...

You can't fix stupid with duct tape,
but it'll muffle the sound, Joe
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2017 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes stupid people do suck on another note i have wet sanded and buffed the left rear quarter and i will do the right tomorrow

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
right quarter is sanded and buffed now on to the roof and doors they should be easy to do as there was not as much orange peal in those areas
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
left side of car now all wet sanded and buffed now i am wet sanding the hood and front bumper cover
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tomorrow i am going to try using a DA to wet sand i have bought all the things to do it with and i am using 1500 grit but they have up to 5000 grit
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
almost all buffed out just need to do the passenger door and deck lid i have been enjoying working on t allot more lately as i bring the paint to life it is coming out just like envisioned
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i am using Menzerna heavy cut compound 400 with my new Chinese buffing pads i start with orange and end up with the blue to finish and it looks great the compound is a diminishing compound so it go's from a coars to fine at the end of it's buffing cycle
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My buddy from NC came over and recorded the car running and shooting flames and his sound on the video is way better than any of my recordings

It's too bad you're so far away. Your car deserves to be shot in HD video!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok it is all buffed out now i need to get all the lights working and a windshield in it dash and gauges working then i ca at least drive it but to look right i need wheels that are the right offset

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-03-2017).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you thought about wheel well liners.
I think the one think that make a kit car stick out as a kit car is the lack of liners in the wheel wells.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i have and what i plan om is stock liners that i will cut and widen with black plastic . the auto parts /speed shop has it out front in the building my shop is in
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's really coming together but the wheels are going to make a huge improvement. Can't wait to see the finished product.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2017 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just ordered some 2 inch wheel spacers i am not a big fan of using wheel spacers but i cant find wheels in my price range / extra cheap lol with the right offset
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2017 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i painted the rear wheel and jacked up the car and removed the wheel and let the car down to the ride height i think it should be and placed the wheel out where it should be

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing what a difference that makes. Looks great.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TommyRocker i agree just putting them out to where it is about even with the body and changing the color of the wheels but unfortunately those wheels wont work as i would need 4 inch spacers so what i need is to go from 7.5 wide wheels to a 9.5 wide with about a -25 offset
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ordered XXR 553 wheels can't wait to get them

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-10-2017).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size did you go with?

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
17 x 9.25 rear and 17x8.25 front i would have liked wider on the rear but i wanted to stay with 17 i know they make wider in 18 and 19 i am going to run a 275 40 on the rear and i will run 235 45 on the front
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What offsets?

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rear 22 with a 2 inch wheel spacer that should be just shy of even with the body and 36 on the front that should be right about even in the front
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx for the info...I'm curious to see how they look.

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i should have them on Tuesday and i will have them on that night and i will take pictures and post them
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures of the new wheels i wish the fronts where 48 offset as they really need to be sucked in another 1/2 inch and the front of the car is sitting about an inch to high

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-18-2017).]

RURC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RURCSend a Private Message to RURCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take the wheels or the spacers (I suggest the spacers) and have them fly cut by what ever you want.

This thing is awesome.

Since I first saw this my son and I have decided that we will be doing a full build with an Audi W12. Basically I know them very well and they are a few inches shorter than the V8. But I really love yours. It is wonderful.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you and the rear only has spacers and are just where i want them it is just the front wheels but i am not sure i can take a 1/2 inch off but there might be enough material
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you thought of installing a widetrack rear suspension instead of using the spacer?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i have thought about a wide track but i don't have the money right now and spacers where cheap
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha Ha, you've built a car in the time it's taken me to think about fixing my a/c (and I've still not done that!) LOL.

In my defense though, I did put a new gearbox in the other week and we are moving house!

Awesome job and a pleasure to watch your progress.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 04-20-2017).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes i have thought about a wide track but i don't have the money right now and spacers where cheap

No big deal...it can always be done later if you chose.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock