Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 29)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93714 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is now down on all four tires so i will start on the body and interior
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i made the throttle cable bracket it came out nice but i dint have the cell phone with me to take some pitchers i will do that tomorrow i should be able to drive it over to the other bay and put it on the lift so i can do a few things like tie the battery cable up and secure the brake line that rums to the rear and do the exhaust hangers all just minor things but need doing . i am not sure if i want to use the rear quarter with rockers i don't think they are built by V8 Archie but they need work i hope i can get the nose to fit better than i could on the last car as it was low in spots compared to the hood and was not really that impressed with the fit of it for what i paid for it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
next up is body and paint

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i just need to remove the rear bumper ,windshield washer tank , over flow tank & interior and the 88 GT T Top can go down the road
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have learned that i need more belt wrap on the blower pulley and i am going to send out the pulley to have it carbon coated from carbinite Metal coating it makes the belt wear faster but it gives grip due to the rough surface there web site http://carbinite.com/

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-15-2016).]

1shot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's got to be a pretty tight squeeze in there just to remove that pulley. Or do you drop the back of the cradle to make more room?

[This message has been edited by 1shot (edited 06-15-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
drop the back of cradle you cant do it with out doing that it is easy as it is 2 bolt no big deal
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow i need to find some one who likes body work as i am about excited to do it as getting cancer

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-17-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have been working on the front end body work and it looks like i am going to have to modify the fiberglass front bumper to fit right . it just not the right contour between the bumper and hood it is way to close in the middle in fact it is overlapping to where it is about perfect out at the edges but it is also to low in the middle compared to the hood so it is going to take some fiddling around to get it right .

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-21-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero hood vent's getting installed sure glad i have that air file

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want to thank onesexyfiero for stopping by with 2 great quarter panels and 2 rocker now i have all the body parts so let the fun begin

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-26-2016).]

onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bozzie picked up the 88 blue GT T Top today i can't wait to see what he does with it
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, it was nice to meet you today. Thank you for helping my dad and I load the car on the trailer. Super enjoyed checking out your ride. Seeing pictures doesn't do it justice ! Just super cool what you've done and hope to one day join you in a caravan to Carlisle !

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bozzie it was great meeting you and your dad i enjoyed having some Fiero guys around as they are far and few way up in my parts there are a few but not many
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i need to get back working on the body of the car i will try to get the hood and front bumper cover all sorted out then the rest should fall into place just need to sand and primer surfacer the rest then wet sand and paint then put it all together

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-30-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i was under the 87 GT to do a oil change and to look for the rattle from the heat shield when i saw that it had a 88 cradle stuffed under it but they dint use the kit for up top on the struts but the car is for sale

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-03-2016).]

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:
well i need to get back working on the body of the car i will try to get the hood and front bumper cover all sorted out then the rest should fall into place just need to sand and primer surfacer the rest then wet sand and paint then put it all together

Yeah... Four years and 29 pages of this thread and you still do not have a functional car? Wow that is slooooow (emphasis on slow).
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm did have it running but wanted more and din't want t tops so maybe you should read some of the other threads where they never had a running car. so i am rebuilding it and since you seem to be so smart maybe you can work out how it all should be done on a one of a kind build

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-03-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

Yeah... Four years and 29 pages of this thread and you still do not have a functional car? Wow that is slooooow (emphasis on slow).

I really hope you're just good-naturedly teasing engine man.
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now this Ticks ME off ^^^^^ up there. I don't know many Fiero "builders" in person but on this site I believe we come together on many levels. You can BAG anybody for a timeline on there build. BUT , you may never know the man behind it, and there drive and dedication to it. People come to my shop sometimes and joke about the timeline but once they see it then they understand it. Thou MANY may never even think of tackling something on the scales that we do. Anyone can just buy a car , and that's that......but when you build it.......and drive it, tweek it, and make it something else.....now thats a rare bread of mechanic. What Mark is doing is not a project for the faint, its something that takes the Biggest Balls, just to start on a project like that, and if you could see the love in his eyes and hands when he talks about it or anyone else that is building there dream, then it all comes together. Sometimes its not the destination, were getting to , its working with our hands and figuring it out , learning, and dealing with all sorts of problems, roadblocks , and frustrations. and the little victorys within them. Have a GREAT 4th everyone !!

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A big thanks Bozzie as i know you and many others have this passion for building a Fiero or any car or anything you pour your heart and soul into
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Years ago, I never thought I would find myself sticking up for engine man, because he had a thread going about every possible engine and transmission combo out there, and when he posted this thread, I said "yeah right..." but he did it, build a running and driving car, that sounds pretty mean I might add, and continues to make improvements that most would never attempt. How many longitudinal manual trans supercharged DOHC V8 swaps without a stretch are out there? oh yeah, one, this one.

to engine man, this may only be my second or so post in your thread, but I've been watching, keep it up.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ericjon262 i am glad i stuck to my guns on this build and like every one who builds one they have there highs and lows and some times you just need to take a brake from them
1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to wonder if the person who made the "slow" comment even read the entire thread, because if he had, he would realize that Mark has had this car running and driving. He's only disassembled and reassembled to make it even better.
Keep it up, Mark
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks 1shot and how is your project shaping up anything new?
1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's pretty hard to get much done down here in the summer. Gets extremely hot in my garage, up in the low 90's, so my time in the garage is limited to a few hours early in the morning. I plan to remedy that situation this coming winter with some insulation. Then maybe I can use the air conditioner I installed a couple of months ago. I installed new hinge pins today. Next I'm going to change the roofline to better suit the style I'm after.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i know what you are talking about i lived in FL for 5 years and i would do some work outside and be done by no latter than 10 am and it looked like someone poured a bucket of water on me
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and it's been really cool watching the progress and watching you problem solve. I appreciate you sharing your project with us. I saw you adapted the Porsche shift linkage. Any chance you have pictures of what the original linkage looked like on the trans?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this transmission came in the boxster vw passat and audi A4 so the boxster stuff just bolted on but i did not have any of the passat linkage so i haven't any pictures of that
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, let's see your work, some of us have a life outside of the shop... sometimes that life gets in the way...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i started working on the front bumper cover to make it fit right i hate fiberglass but any way i should have it finished up and looking good tomorrow then i just need to finish the hood and do a complete sanding of the body then prime it with primer surfacer wet sand with block and squirt color then ghost pearl or royal blue pearl i know i wont know what i am going to do until i do it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was hoping to get the front end into primer by tomorrow but it is raining and it is going good but just a bit slow just like all body work does as i have found out through the years the longer you take the better it comes out
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again it is raining out so no painting
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i went and had a color mixed up today i ended up with a color i dint even expect to pick it was sunset orange pearl but i can see it in my mind and it looks great lol
1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like a great color, can't wait to see what it looks like.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is it
1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang....all I'm getting is X's and no pictures.
My 87 is painted a sunrise yellow. It was a little on the bright side when I first painted it, but it kind of grows on you after time.

[This message has been edited by 1shot (edited 07-13-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well dont know what to tell you on the x i see all the pictures fine
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock