Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 23)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93714 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well going to v grind the cracks and fill then sand the rear bumper
IP: Logged
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

? do any of you know of a way to repair the bumpers on the fiero mine has a bunch spider cracks is there something i can paint it with to cover them after i get all the old paint off or do i need a whole new rear bumper cover due to the cracks will just come back up through the paint

http://www.amazon.com/Ureth...irless/dp/B000HAVE4O

I've used this to repair Fiero fenders. It's supposed to work on bumpers with the right filler rod.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this week i think i am buying another engine to put the Eaton M122 blower on the engine i can get it for $299
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just got off the phone and the engine for the M122 supercharger will be arriving no latter than Wednesday
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all done lol
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to have the supercharger sticking out of the deck lid there will not be any cutting of the intake but there will be a custom drive for the blower
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
ooopps DP

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 07-02-2015).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i pulled the center of the intake out and i am thinking make a plate for the front that will hold a bearing and shaft with pulley and spinning the supercharger around and making a plate with a tube that the shaft go's through and another drive pulley to run the blower i can see how i want to do it but have a hard time explaining it

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ordered these to make a jack shaft that will pass right through the center of the intake
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i spent some money i dint need to since after taking the intake off i found i could make the blower fit under every thing . the intake is now over at the machinist to do the mods that need to be done i hope to have the intake all done by the end of next week but i will try to post some pics of it as he makes what i want
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what the supercharger will look like on the engine

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cutting the top off the intake

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant wait to go back to see how it looks at the machine shop
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i went and took a look at the manifold and it is looking good i have a few pics of it and the welding is perfect so you know i dint weld it

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is showing some potential, I like where this is going.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks motoracer838 i am not sure when i will finish the blower due to i need to slow down on my spending so after the manifold is done i may have to put this on the shelf unless things pick up at the shop but it will get done just maybe not as fast as i want
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i picked up the intake today only thing left is fitting the supercharger to it but that wont be for a few weeks
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how it looks with blower and new manifold

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess the manifold is aluminum? My Ex had an 2002 Audi A6 3.0 and I thought it has a plastic manifold, but I could be wrong about that.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya some of the newer ones are plastic but this one is good old aluminum
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for some reason all of the pictures are coming up as ? marks on my computer. damn shame! but either way I can NOT wait to see this thing running with a blower!
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wonder if any one other than you is having the same problem with the pictures
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have been working and saving so i can get the blower engine done i will push it into the garage soon so i can take it apart and fit the new engine in
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
brought intake top back to the machinist for them to finish up should have it back next week
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wonder if any one other than you is having the same problem with the pictures

Your pictures are showing up fine, but I have to admit that I often have difficulty seeing my own images that I've uploaded (with PIP). It seems to be a cache problem which I need to manually clear before I can see my images in the threads again. Quite a nuisance!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought i would post what i am trying for with the blower on the engine and that is to run a mid 10 second 1/4 mile i will need a roll cage and more i am sure
Ryanap333

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timm/phonedawgs if you read this please contact me asap in regards to my harness and computer...
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well a while back i had a fueling problem with it ending up i burnt one injector bank Fuze out and dint repair it in time so number 1 cylinder has gone away with compression at just under 120 psi and all the others at 150 and the spark plug from #1 showed burnt black aluminum on the insulator and it was really packed in there now i have a James Bond machine really good at smoke screens
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

number 1 cylinder has gone away... now i have a James Bond machine really good at smoke screens

Damn.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well Patrick it is my own fault but a new bullet / engine will make it all better and i really think that cylinder was hurting from the get go it always smoked on start up and that plug was was a bit dark every time i pulled it
countach711

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well going to v grind the cracks and fill then sand the rear bumper

depending on depth of scratches, I'd use one of SEM's flexible filler products like this:
http://www.oreillyauto.com/...s&pt=N0481&ppt=C0171

I tried an iron and plastic melt filler but the Fiero's plastic produced an oil that prevented any new plastic from bonding where I couldn't peel it off. Have had great success with the SEM filler though.

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will take care of that bumper as the car is going into the shop and body will be taken off and painted
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i would like to Nikasil the cylinders on my mock up engine but so far that cost way to much from what i can see
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i am going to try and rehone the cylinder that i dont like in the mock up block then i will lap it in with Sunnen lapping compound and felts on the hone instead of stones did this along time a go in machinest school on a Mercedes block and restore the Alusil cylinder wall

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-30-2015).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow my brain is going round and round on how to handle this problem as i look at the engine i have on the stand and i don't like what i see my brain go's from getting another engine and fixing it to selling all the Audi stuff and going Small Block Chevy
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well i am going to try and rehone the cylinder that i dont like in the mock up block then i will lap it in with Sunnen lapping compound and felts on the hone instead of stones did this along time a go in machinest school on a Mercedes block and restore the Alusil cylinder wall

That works with Alusil but will *NOT* work on a non-Alusil block with a Nikasil coating.

Wow my brain is going round and round on how to handle this problem as i look at the engine i have on the stand and i don't like what i see my brain go's from getting another engine and fixing it to selling all the Audi stuff and going Small Block Chevy

Here's your chance to get the 360 horse S6/S8 version of the Audi engine.

If you go Chevy, you'll have to go back to transverse and basically everything you've done will be wasted.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i decided to take the engine i had on the stand apart and hone it and lap the cylinders to see how it looks if the cylinders that look bad clean up then i will get new rings and put them in

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the block is Alusil so i could do the honing but i was considering having the cylinder walls Niksill coated but after i found out it is $200 a cylinder i think not and why would i do a S8 engine it would have 360 HP and with the A8 engine with the blower set up i should be able to reach 500 HP at the crank I really should have a turbo but i like blowers . I am going to more than likely go pick up a engine this weekend due to i am finding parts are Very pricey and i can sell enough off this engine to pay for a good yard engine
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could do a Small block Chevy longitudinal but i would have to move the firewall forward 4 to 5 inches and put the gas tank up front maybe when i am done with this one i will do that just to prove it can be done
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could put the blower on the S8 engine, too...

In a few apps, Audi turbo'd 8 cylinder engines from the factory. Those manifolds mount the turbos basically straight behind the cylinder heads, above and outboard of the bellhousing. Do you have room to do that in your car?

The C5 RS6 for example had 450 HP stock.
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock