Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 14)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93714 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried to get it to run but no go the fuel pump is not working but i did find out that the crank trigger was working & TPS was working due to we calibrated it i will get the bugs worked out and started ' Oh ya i counted the teeth and it was 21 so that is 138 degrees bbtdc
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i am going to take #1 spark plug out and make positive that i have top dead center with the stop method by rotating the crank one way until it hits the stop inserted in the spark plug hole and put a mark on the damper then rotate it back the other way and do the same thing then put a mark half way between the 2 marks and that tdc
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had a hour to kill this morning so i played with the car and got it to fire but not run i know it has a fuel leak as there was gas on the floor of the shop but i think the timing is off maybe Friday i will have some time

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-19-2014).]

Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you tooth #1 angle is 126, in reality it is based on if your rising or falling edge. So you can be anything from 120-132 with the info I have . if the motor fires just make sure you verify timing. I hope you have some timing marks

just to make sure this is the process you used to find #1 angle ? http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/trigger-wheel.html
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info , i do have timing marks but i still want to make sure due to the damper could have slipped . I need to find the fuel leak to so it builds fuel pressure but i will get it all sorted out

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-20-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't find a piston stop so i can find TDC #1 so i will make one out of a spark plug
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i checked it out and it is 132 BTDC and it now runs but only on 6 cylinders due to 2 coils are broken at the plug boot but it still runs i will get video of it if i can get it to run long enough for me to get out of the car . right now i am letting the battery charge so i will give it another try just before i close shop today.

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-23-2014).]

KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Can't wait to hear it run on all 8.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
video of it running on 6 cylinders https://www.youtube.com/wat...-2Q&feature=youtu.be the sound sucks but i am so happy to get it running
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats on the first fire!

did you ever get a Cyl #1 TDC mark ? if not that should be high on your list of things to do. you need to verify tooth #1 angle is correct.

what are you using for idle control ? GM IAC or a PWM valve ?

congrats
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i did find tdc and i did get the #1 tooth angle by counting the teeth from tdc back to the #1 tooth it was 20 teeth total counting #1 so 20 x 6 degrees for each tooth that give a 132 degree tooth angle. it is not GM IAC and i dont think it is pwm

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-23-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is it a 3 or 4 wire IAC ? if so I am sure the MS3 can control it either way. Just have to see how it responds in test mode.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kemp3 this is what it is
Idle air control valve: 2 wire variable voltage to a motor, loaded against a spring
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kemp3 have you used VE Analyzer live in TunerStudio if so how well did it work for you
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VE analyzer works great , a few variables have to be accurate in settings though. Make sure you have the proper settings for your WB O2 so TS reads it accurately and that is was calibrated correctly if its not pre-calibrated. Know that insanely rich or missing reads lean. ( When I say insanely I mean barely running because your fouling plugs rich)

Your IAC sounds like a PWM controlled one. check out ms3efi.com documentation on your controller to see how wire it and set it up in TS.

keep it up

Brendo907

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brendo907Send a Private Message to Brendo907Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had glanced at this and somone mentioned using alldata for wire schematics, most of the time your public library has a subscription to it or something like it. Yea that place with all the books and free wifi, they sometimes have cool stuff
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can i use a NB O2 or must it be a WB 02 for tunning and if WB 02 is the only thing i can us then where is the wring diagram for a 5 wire WB O2 as i am having a hard time finding that info ?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i found the info i need about wideban O2 i will need a controller for it so i will need to save some more $$$$$$$$$$$$$
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just got the other axle it is for the right side it fit perfect and is a stock passat right front 24 5/8 compressed now i just need some more socket head bolts for it and a axle bolt
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
ordered Axle bolt , exhaust parts i am hoping to have it on the road next week
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
which wideband are you going with?
PFF
System Bot
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recommend the wide-band from www.14point7.com

http://www.14point7.com/pro...partan-lambda-sensor

they are out of stock till the 31st of this month, if I recall they are about 90$ they have a built in controller and are pre-calibrated.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Kemp3 i will get 1 from them as soon as i can afford it that shouldn't be long
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kemp3:

I recommend the wide-band from www.14point7.com

http://www.14point7.com/pro...partan-lambda-sensor

they are out of stock till the 31st of this month, if I recall they are about 90$ they have a built in controller and are pre-calibrated.

I've heard good things about them, I was actually going to suggest them.
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had them for almost a year now and I have no complaints. I run 2 one for each bank, if you have the luxury of setting it up that way in the long run its a huge benefit in regards to the EGO control.
deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can't I unsubscribe to this thread? Arghh!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
deadwood if it is in your personal favorites then click on that then click on the box next to this thread then remove

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-29-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i see i need to adjust the shift linkage
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i got the shifting linkage repaired just needed a bracket to be spaced down so i took it out in the field out back and played around with it it is not running all the great due to the lack of th O2 sensor but at least it runs now and i am having allot of fun playing around with it .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been trying to find info on the coolant temp sensor and ait sensor i need how many ohms of resistance for a specific temperature

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-31-2014).]

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet the sensors can be replaced with GM sensors. I use a GM 3 wire for CLT temp, feeds the gauge and your MS. I also use a GM AIT sensor as far away from the engine as possible in my intake tube. If you want to stick to the Audi sensors you should try some Audi forums for the info, or check ms3efi forums .
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can use the ait from GM but the coolant sensor is not a screw in but i do need to do something to run the gauge . on the 3 wire clt what is the wiring 1 ground 1 to gauge and the last to megasquirt ?

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-31-2014).]

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

i can use the ait from GM but the coolant sensor is not a screw in but i do need to do something to run the gauge . on the 3 wire clt what is the wiring 1 ground 1 to gauge and the last to megasquirt ?

2 wires to the MS(one should be +5 volts), one to the gage. the sensor is grounded through the body.

[This message has been edited by ericjon262 (edited 08-31-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kemp3 are you using VR or Hall crank sensor i have vr and am starting to think i should have gone with hall
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM Hall, crank and cam sensors.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/...tion.html#vrv357pull

make sure you have the jumpers all placed correctly and that your trim pots are adjusted . use the above link to verify .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya every thing is right i just was having a bit of trouble getting adjusted but part of the problem i was zoomed in on the Tunerstodio data logger . but the worst thing is i have found Water in the oil so i need to get that checked out where it came from so i will start with the leak down test on all the cylinders. i can say it ist not much water but i hate to see any
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Water or coolant?

Water can accumulate in any engine that sits with its PCV open and will evaporate off once the engine hits operating temp... coolant is obviously another story

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 09-03-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i found something strange the #1 plug hole was about half full of water and i have no clue where that came from. just to clear thing up i mean the spark plug hole down through the valve cover not the plu hole that the spark plug screws into as the plug was in that
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i pressurized the cooling system and it held 13 psi for over 1 hour so i don't think there is a problem i must have just got some water in the oil from some where else
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i all so needed a fuel pump so i ordered 1 340lph @40 psi so enough to feed about 700 hp . i have the exhaust pipes so i should be able to get that all together after hours at work. I am not sure how loud it is going to be with the Pypes M80
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock