Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  What would an accurate price range be for this Ferrari replica? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What would an accurate price range be for this Ferrari replica? by Reallybig
Started on: 05-29-2012 03:03 AM
Replies: 47 (3797 views)
Last post by: akademikjeanius on 10-06-2014 08:07 AM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

If anyone is interested, I have the contact info for the gentleman that has the original CK3 molds for this car. It would be a lot of work, but you could make it yourself.

Bob

Not for the price that he was asking and being cricized by those who have no clue what it costs to build one. It's kind of funny how hard it is to sell an unfinished car for way less than the builder has invested, and yet their are people who will start out from scratch and spend way more money to complete one. The expectations from a novice builder on kit cars is way out of proportion to reality. Probably because so many body sellers actively promote the idea that they are a cheap way to have an exotic car. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Getting a Fiero and a $6000 body is just the start.
IP: Logged
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Not for the price that he was asking and being cricized by those who have no clue what it costs to build one. It's kind of funny how hard it is to sell an unfinished car for way less than the builder has invested, and yet their are people who will start out from scratch and spend way more money to complete one. The expectations from a novice builder on kit cars is way out of proportion to reality. Probably because so many body sellers actively promote the idea that they are a cheap way to have an exotic car. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Getting a Fiero and a $6000 body is just the start.

I completely agree with you on this one. The molds are just the tip of the iceberg. Fit, finish, quality, paint, interior, not to mention all the little details and fabricated parts and brackets. That's not even touching the drivetrain. This completed replica or what ever you want to call it for only 10k is a steal over the cost of building one from scratch. But there are those who love the building of the car over the driving of it. Look at my engine swap...$450 for the engine right? Not bad for a V8 swap. I think the total came to over $1500 all said and done. And that was on the cheap! If I ever do a kit, it will be a partially or completely finished car where I can verify the quality of workmanship. Like you say, they usually sell for less than what's been invested. Why not save money using someone else's expired dreams?
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

I completely agree with you on this one. The molds are just the tip of the iceberg. Fit, finish, quality, paint, interior, not to mention all the little details and fabricated parts and brackets. That's not even touching the drivetrain. This completed replica or what ever you want to call it for only 10k is a steal over the cost of building one from scratch. But there are those who love the building of the car over the driving of it. Look at my engine swap...$450 for the engine right? Not bad for a V8 swap. I think the total came to over $1500 all said and done. And that was on the cheap! If I ever do a kit, it will be a partially or completely finished car where I can verify the quality of workmanship. Like you say, they usually sell for less than what's been invested. Why not save money using someone else's expired dreams?

Reallybig, you hit the nail right on the head. If I wanted a completed car, I'd just go buy a new car. Dratts, I agree with you too. If all you want is the replica, or fascimile of the real thing, then buying someone's project is the way to go. But to me, what fun is that. I've always wanted to build my own sports car. That's why I love working on my Fiero, and that's why I will buy and install a body kit.

So, the offer is still out there for anyone else that wants the info.

Bob
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! It's back!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true

Ok, the asking price has gone up a little, but it's gun metal grey now, so, that's a thing!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Hey! It's back!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true

Ok, the asking price has gone up a little, but it's gun metal grey now, so, that's a thing!

$39,000 and a wrap???? Sounds like a bit much!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit high priced...but then I probably just say that because I'm not a fan of that style Ferrari. Clearly lots of work went into it. I prefer the grey over the original green, though the seats seem out of place now.

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 10-05-2014).]

Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh well! what about this one? indy
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex.07.86GT:

oh well! what about this one? indy

And not a single shot of the engine bay....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock