Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  87 4cyl auto w 23828 + original miles been sitting over 17 years (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
87 4cyl auto w 23828 + original miles been sitting over 17 years by weloveour86se
Started on: 09-20-2011 07:03 PM
Replies: 244 (7401 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 07-05-2015 04:14 PM
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little late to this thread, but after seeing how much work this car needed to get back into shape, I gotta ask... are you sure the 23k Original miles was accurate? Seems like the odometer was unplugged for 20 years while someone continued to put miles on the car.
Did CarFax show anything odd? Might not have, if it really was sitting a long time. Here is my favorite...check the clutch and brake pedals for wear. A car with low miles would have very little wear on the pedals.

If the number is accurate it is really a shame someone would let a low mile car just rot away.
IP: Logged
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

I'm a little late to this thread, but after seeing how much work this car needed to get back into shape, I gotta ask... are you sure the 23k Original miles was accurate? Seems like the odometer was unplugged for 20 years while someone continued to put miles on the car.
Did CarFax show anything odd? Might not have, if it really was sitting a long time. Here is my favorite...check the clutch and brake pedals for wear. A car with low miles would have very little wear on the pedals.

If the number is accurate it is really a shame someone would let a low mile car just rot away.

No that ODO is accurate. That car really did sit that long. We are the first registered owners. Carfax or which ever it was scored the car a 50 out of 50. We are personal friends with the PO. Well I guess not the PO but the guy who's lot it sat on for all those years. Seems that a guy that owned a local Cadillac dealership had a bunch of cars parked in the guys lot. All collectibles. Well the caddy dealership owner passed away and our friend slowly sold off the cars that were left on his lot. Seems nobody wanted a Fiero. Till we came along.

All the switches and buttons look brand new, the visors don't have a mark on them, window handles, and even as you mention foot pedals all look new. It's a time capsule that is for sure!

So maybe a can of dry gas would help with bad gas? Can't hurt can it? I think I might try a new injector just to see. Maybe a known good used one. IDK.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd fill er up with good gas and some seafoam in the tank.

Otherwise TPS or something tranny related perhaps? I've only had 5 speeds.

My guess is if you didnt yet, she'll need a fuel filter or possibly pump after being stored that long could be junk in the tank.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-23-2014).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'd fill er up with good gas and some seafoam in the tank.

Otherwise TPS or something tranny related perhaps? I've only had 5 speeds.

My guess is if you didnt yet, she'll need a fuel filter or possibly pump after being stored that long could be junk in the tank.

My apologies everyone. It has been awhile since this thread started and or was updated...

The complete fuel system is new except for a short piece of fuel line and the injector. New tank, new pump, screen, filter and some of the lines. Could be gunk that was in the one line we reused. It was completely clogged. If you look back you will see I had quite a time getting it cleared. So I am wondering if some gunk that was in there might have broken loose and gotten into the injector.

Sea foam is a great suggestion. Might try that as well. I hate to throw parts at it but I really want to try another injector.

TY for your time everyone! We saved her from the parts bin and the crusher with all of your help!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's still kicking around. Getting her ready finally after a long cold winter. I been swamped with other projects so she has sat the first part of the season out. Hopefully she will be back riding in no time!!

And a bump to stay outta the archives!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock