3800sc trans mission cable clearance issue by ScreamingFiero
Started on: 07-31-2014 05:42 PM
Replies: 2 (114 views)
Last post by: jaybug56 on 08-03-2014 06:43 PM
ScreamingFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScreamingFieroSend a Private Message to ScreamingFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of puttin together a 3800 series 1 sc with a 4 speed transmission the problem I am having is the exhaust cross over pipe hits the shift cable brackets and I was wanting to know what to do next I am lost. I have series 2 firebird manifold but I don't think they would fit and I don't know anybody that still makes stuff for series 1 anymore so I was wanting to know what do I do next?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try using the search function of this forum. This question has been covered a few times with this being the latest post

Or just read this part. It should work on a Series 1

I modified my setup using a replacement bracket from Rodney Dickman. Follow his directions but mount the new piece at the required angle and your done. $35.00 and no welding required. Been driving mine for 2 years now and the screw fasteners are still holding up.

85-86 V-6 4 Speed Cable Repair Bracket

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock