3800sc trans mission cable clearance issue by ScreamingFiero
Started on: 07-31-2014 05:39 PM
Replies: 2 (92 views)
Last post by: dobey on 08-03-2014 08:57 PM
ScreamingFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScreamingFieroSend a Private Message to ScreamingFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of puttin together a 3800 series 1 sc with a 4 speed transmission the problem I am having is the exhaust cross over pipe hits the shift cable brackets and I was wanting to know what to do next I am lost. I have series 2 firebird manifold but I don't think they would fit and I don't know anybody that still makes stuff for series 1 anymore so I was wanting to know what do I do next?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try using the search function of this forum. This question has been covered a few times with this being the latest post

Or just read this part. It should work on a Series 1

I modified my setup using a replacement bracket from Rodney Dickman. Follow his directions but mount the new piece at the required angle and your done. $35.00 and no welding required. Been driving mine for 2 years now and the screw fasteners are still holding up.

85-86 V-6 4 Speed Cable Repair Bracket
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please don't post the exact same thread multiple times. It makes it difficult for people to know which one to reply to, and makes it harder to find the information for people looking to ask similar questions.

And jaybug, please don't reply to all copies of the same thread, with the exact same post. They all jump back up to the top and only add to the confusion.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock