Engine shakes during low fuel input by GizmoKershner
Started on: 07-11-2014 12:01 PM
Replies: 8 (163 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 07-25-2014 12:32 AM
GizmoKershner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GizmoKershnerSend a Private Message to GizmoKershnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove six hours to Seattle and first noticed the problem upon arrival. With the gas down halfway or more the engine accelerates like normal. Anything below halfway the engine shakes and loses power. When releasing the gas the car idles down to 500 rpm almost like it's about to die and returns to normal idle. If I floor it before releasing the car idles down like normal. When I got back home I replaced the fuel filter, put new gas in with fuel cleaner, did an oil change with seafoam, and changed the plugs and wires. No change, what could this be?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! Fuel pressure is still probably to blame. The screen inside your fuel tank may be plugged up...or a bad pump or hose.
GizmoKershner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GizmoKershnerSend a Private Message to GizmoKershnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll drop the tank and check that this weekend. Probably need to replace the pump anyways.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A $19.95 gauge is better than dropping the tank.

http://www.harborfreight.co...mp-tester-92699.html

Unplug your MAP sensor and see what happens.

Check your timing.

All three together are easier than dropping the tank.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-11-2014).]

GizmoKershner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GizmoKershnerSend a Private Message to GizmoKershnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good point, thanks! I will try that first.
GizmoKershner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GizmoKershnerSend a Private Message to GizmoKershnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GizmoKershner

24 posts
Member since Jul 2014
I should note it's the 2.5 4 cylinder. Timing is good, took map sensor off and it ran a lot worse. I don't see anywhere I could hook up this fuel pressure kit to the fuel line. It's all metal tubing except above the fuel tank. There was no sign of tearing or faulty hosing.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Duke has no port to test fuel pressure. You can fix that.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/127190.html
GizmoKershner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GizmoKershnerSend a Private Message to GizmoKershnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did compression, leak down, and fuel pressure test. All was normal so I decided to take another look at intake manifold. Turns out my egr valve was stuck open. Replaced and now running like new again.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what effect will disconnecting the MAP do ?? please explain.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock