Heater and A/C dashboard control unit - replacement options by kcn0
Started on: 06-21-2014 08:44 PM
Replies: 5 (554 views)
Last post by: kcn0 on 06-25-2014 09:59 PM
kcn0

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcn0Send a Private Message to kcn0Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stumbled upon this site when looking for guidance on the interchangeability of the heat and A/C dashboard control unit. I am building a custom 355/360 kit, and I am hoping to modernize the dash and switch the original control unit with something more modern. As the new dash is fiberglass, the new unit doesn't need to be the same shape, but I am looking to use the connector if possible. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, how do post pictures from my computer or phone (ie not a link from a website)? I was hoping to share some pictures of my project and the control unit in question.

Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kcn0:

I stumbled upon this site when looking for guidance on the interchangeability of the heat and A/C dashboard control unit. I am building a custom 355/360 kit, and I am hoping to modernize the dash and switch the original control unit with something more modern. As the new dash is fiberglass, the new unit doesn't need to be the same shape, but I am looking to use the connector if possible. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, how do post pictures from my computer or phone (ie not a link from a website)? I was hoping to share some pictures of my project and the control unit in question.

Thanks in advance.

One of the PFF members (riceburner) was building replicas of the F355 HVAC control for a reasonable price. Since you are building a F355/F360 vehicle it should work for you if he is still building them. I have one in a F355 interior and like it even though there are a few quirks associated with it.

With respect to posting pictures look at the bottom of the PFF page and see the red/blue Pennocks Fiero Poster button. Click on that, download the software, resize the photos as required, and start posting the pictures.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 06-21-2014).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can always use one of these setups. I believe there are a few people who used them on their cars:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-21-2014).]

kcn0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcn0Send a Private Message to kcn0Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies!

I will reach out to riceburner to see if he/she still makes them or has any available. Just out of curiosity, what are the quirks that you are referring to?

IMSA, do you have a link to those, or a place with information on them?

I only have a Mac at the moment, so I will try to post pictures of the project the next time I am at my parents.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the archived topic on them:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-2-099236.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-22-2014).]

kcn0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcn0Send a Private Message to kcn0Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I reached out to riceburner, but without luck of response. Is there anything else compatible with the stock wiring? I need to make a decision quick.

Thanks for your help.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock