Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Other Mall
  Looking for a 'fast' late 50s, 60s early 70s AMERICAN car.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looking for a 'fast' late 50s, 60s early 70s AMERICAN car. by maryjane
Started on: 03-25-2017 11:58 AM
Replies: 10 (705 views)
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 02-27-2019 05:00 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not for me, but a close relative.
Requirements are fairly specific: (in order of importance)
US brand no specific preference: Chevy, Ford, Mopar, Desoto, Nash, Studebaker, AMC, Pontiac,
Old school V8 powertrain.
RWD only.
"Enough hp/torque to burn the tires off of it"
Carb(s)--not FI.
Point/condensor ignition preferred tho conversion to electronic ignition certainly to be considered.
Ready to roll--NOT 'ready for restoration'. No rust buckets.
Clear titled and registered in current owner's state.
Doesn't have to be a show car at all. Will be street driven.
T-bucket roadster type will work, tho not a requirement.
Cash sale, tho if seller is interested in a trade for late model F-150 , that is a possibility.
Price--depends on the vehicle.
Location--preferably located in the following corridor:

If you have a prospect or know anyone that does, post here or PM me please.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-27-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put out some feelers for you but have not gotten any bites. Will let you know if I get a nibble.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Consider a Buick GS. Had a 68 400 4speed that would blow the doors off big block Chevelles. They still go for a little less than the Chevelles from that era and are stupid fast.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Consider a Buick GS. Had a 68 400 4speed that would blow the doors off big block Chevelles. They still go for a little less than the Chevelles from that era and are stupid fast.

I concur in this suggestion. I had a 1970 Buick GS with the 350 engine, functional ram air cowl, and the four barrel Rochester carburator and it was quite nice wrt acceleration. The larger (400 cubic inch plus) engine was even better. The only thing that suffered was the gas tank. I could literally watch the tank level drop if I accelerated for a longer period of time.

Nelson
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I left Buick out, but only by mistake..that one would sure be considered too.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2017 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a fun sleeper, look for a Plymouth Valiant. Most come with a slant 6, but all motors that fit in Barracudas will fit. Only real mod is big blocks require custom made fenderwell headers. I put a 426 in a 62 Signet convertible. It was the fastest daily driven street car in the city in early 70s. Weekend street races netted me everything from Corvettes to Judges. 273 hipo, 318, 340 are all bolt ins.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a "70 Monte Carlo SS 454
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about a truck? 71 C10 1/2 ton long bed?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2018 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking?

I have one that may just fit the bill. Old car (1967), old style engine (SBC), well built with some of the best components, some big names involved and yes, it is quick. I have won at nostalgia drag racing events and get about 18mpg on the street.

PM me if still looking.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2019 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a very nice two door V8 '62 Chevy Nova that has been completely restored with new everything. It is in Magnolia, TX near Hockley and if I had a place to keep it, I'd buy. He wants $18,000 for it.

https://houston.craigslist....lone/6828445696.html
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock