Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Other Mall
  3.8v6 out of v6 camaro racecar for sale.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3.8v6 out of v6 camaro racecar for sale. by wrong generation
Started on: 11-16-2015 12:58 PM
Replies: 2 (497 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-28-2016 09:46 AM
wrong generation

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wrong generationSend a Private Message to wrong generationEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the motor and transmission out of a 1997 Camaro that my friend built as a v6 race car.

Motor was rebuilt around 2006/2008, but has less than a full hour of runtime on it.
He never finished the car enough to actually drive it on the road.
It was only moved around a driveway after motor was installed and then he moved away and it sat for several years. Motor and trans are still in the car.

I do not have any paperwork on the rebuild though.
If you provide a non-refundable deposit, I will gladly open up the engine so you can see the bottom end or I will even pull off the heads and intake. However, it will be the buyers responsibility to reassemble and that includes the buyer buying any gaskets that would need to be replaced from opening stuff up. For the buyers protection, If the motor looks like a 100k mile motor once opened you would get your deposit back obviously, I'm not trying to scam anyone.

The engine has long tube headers, electric water pump, SLP cold air intake, aftermarket plug wires, and tuned w/HP tuners.
I know the Internal balance shaft was removed when the motor was rebuilt by R&L in westwood NJ(out of business now). I transported the engine to and from the machine shop for my friend years ago.

The current 4l60e trans I know only a little about as well, but I was told it was upgraded with better servos and supposedly has a shift kit. He bought it from another V6 racer out of Virginia around 2006 and it came with its owns torque converter. That's all I know.

The motor trans combo includes the following:
Complete 3.8l engine from oil pan to throttle body
coil packs and wires
engine accessories(power steering pump/res, alternator, electric water pump)
SLP cold air intake
long tube headers
4l60e w/converter
Tuned pcm w/engine wiring harness

$1000 for all that.

Additional items from the car are available and could be included for a small additional cost.
I have an engine hoist to aid in loading.

I would sell motor and transmission separate. in that case:
motor $850
transmission: $300
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What was wrong with this thread? - 3.8v6 out of v6 racecar for sale
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been asking around but it looks like the supercharged version of this engine is the one in demand. If everything is rebuilt as claimed , this is a very good buy, but unfortunately most people that I speak with want the SC engine. You might want to try putting it on Craigs list or eBay but be prepared to pallet everything up and ship.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock