Click here to visit The FieroStore | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  Ford Flex, i'm thinking about looking at them. Opinions please.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ford Flex, i'm thinking about looking at them. Opinions please. by johnt671
Started on: 01-07-2019 06:32 PM
Replies: 5 (34 views)
Last post by: DanFiero on 01-18-2019 04:27 PM
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2019 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Click Here to Email johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As in the title, I'm thinking about one of these. It would be a used one price 10 to 15 thousand or so. I'd like your feedback. on them, particularly, front seat comfort and how easy it is for us old people to get in and out of. I like the old school look of them. Thanks.

IP: Logged

thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2019 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguyClick Here to Email thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are super comfortable any way you look at it. Very nice to sit in, totally decent to drive. There is some discussion to be had about reliability long-term, especially with the transmission on certain models. If I didn't need the towing capability I have with the Suburban, I'd be shopping a Flex instead. I have a couple friends with them, and generally think Ford did a good job on them.

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterClick Here to Email iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I owned a 2015 for awhile. I liked most things about it, the fuel economy wasn't that great though, but I doubt any vehicle that large does. I only traded it in to lower my monthly payment.

johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Click Here to Email johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the info. I'm in the early stages of shopping for one. A small local dealer has one for $7000 but it has just over 103,000 miles The miles don't worry me much since my Fiero has over 235,000 mile on her, but I can go higher then that price to get a lower mileage one. The first step is to make sure we can get in and out of it. I have a bad back and knee and my wife is almost all bad everywhere.

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterClick Here to Email iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

Thanks for the info. I'm in the early stages of shopping for one. A small local dealer has one for $7000 but it has just over 103,000 miles The miles don't worry me much since my Fiero has over 235,000 mile on her, but I can go higher then that price to get a lower mileage one. The first step is to make sure we can get in and out of it. I have a bad back and knee and my wife is almost all bad everywhere.

It's very easy to get in and out of. Not too tall but tall enough that you should be able to just slide in.

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroClick Here to Email DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We've had ours for about 6 years (2011 model). LOVE IT!! Very easy to get into and out of for people of any age. Ours is 2wd, I think living in the Midwest I'd opt for the AWD next time. The only thing I don't care for is the towing capacity is not enough to tow my Fiero to shows.

Dan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock