Started on: 07-16-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 30 (1231 views)
Last post by: Fiero Thomas on 05-20-2016 12:20 AM
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Besides Fieros I have a deep love for SVX's I just got another one and wanted to share. This is the second one that I have gotten. The first was totaled out. The Transmission exploded into a thousand pieces. All the wheels locked up and boom it went. This one has a lot of nice upgrades to it but I am longing for stock wheels over the 18" that came with the car. They are hard to come buy out here with an owner that is willing to sell them. Most of them are rusted and this one is solid. I have to do a few things to it to make it 100%. So far has a alarm system with remote start and a pager on it. I will document what I can as I am a bit slower now dealing with these medical issues. I am glad I found another.

Thank You for looking
Tom

------------------
1984 Corvette
1986 Fiero GT
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think those wheels look just right on the car but that's just me. I've never driven an SVX but always kinda liked their looks. Even those odd side windows are kinda cool.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always liked the svx, A friend of mines wife had a new one when they first came out.. then I seen one a couple weeks ago broke down and might have been the same one at the local pull a part last week,,
I would not mind having one myself...

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have wanted an SVX for years, but those auto transmissions are the devil's work. These days you can swap all sorts of parts from modern Subarus including a manual transmission, so that's the path I'd take. If an already swapped SVX popped up for sale, I'd be all over it.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I think those wheels look just right on the car but that's just me. I've never driven an SVX but always kinda liked their looks. Even those odd side windows are kinda cool.

I agree,I like those wheels and the car, nice find
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

I agree,I like those wheels and the car, nice find

I agree I like the wheels to but I can feel a bad spot on one. I am going to take it in to see what the bump is that I am feeling. If it is a wheel I will take it in and have it fixed.

------------------
1984 Corvette
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas

4662 posts
Member since Jul 2005
Did some cleaning on her today an installed a new radio.

Wheels

DVD
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixed windows today. Found that I had a faulty widow switch. Just ordered some speakers for the front doors as they have all the surround missing on them. All the work done so far is zero dollars as I have had all the parts. Thank god.

------------------
1984 Corvette
1986 Fiero GT
1992 SVX Ls-L

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 07-19-2014).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A(n) SVX provided the engine for my 'Long EZ' Canard Aircraft. I never saw the car, its the engine turbo charger and radiators-- actually two oil coolers reworked to fit the cowl

Its pretty compact fitting.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 08-10-2014).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

A(n) SVX provided the engine for my 'Long EZ' Canard Aircraft. I never saw the car, its the engine turbo charger and radiators-- actually two oil coolers reworked to fit the cowl

Its pretty compact fitting.

Cool deal that it powers a plane.

So far I have fixed the issues that I had with the car. New Tires and Half shaft. I had an issue with the keys. What i was given was the valet key and this proved to be an issue. The alarm is active so it locks the doors after 30 sec. If the battery dies you are screwed as the doors can not be open with the valet key. I found a Canadian company that could recut the keys and it worked. Now I can get into the ca with the locks on the door. I will post more photos soon as I am working on the sound system.

Thanks for reading my thread!!!!

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 4 SALE
1992 SVX Ls-L

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, thanks for the already posted pics, looking forward to more!!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaahhh yes driving today and the trans went POP and thats all she wrote. So it will be sitting for awhile. After medical bills comes a new trans. What the hell can I do to get ahead. I have all the stereo equipment for it so I will install that while I wait. I have gathered a few parts here and there.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 4 SALE
1992 SVX LS-L

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-11-2014).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's one unique ride; you won't have to worry about seeing yourself coming and going. Those side windows always messed up my head.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 08-12-2014).]

GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I adore the SVX's. I wanted one before I bought my wife a 300zx (mistake) and IF you can, look into the manual swap, it really wakes the car up and it makes a pleasure to drive, more fun than a WRX.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GreenPlatypus:

I adore the SVX's. I wanted one before I bought my wife a 300zx (mistake) and IF you can, look into the manual swap, it really wakes the car up and it makes a pleasure to drive, more fun than a WRX.

I love them to. THis is my second one. The first one had a failure with the transfer case and the trans exploded internally. Insurance covered it and it happened again so they totaled the car. I ending up seeing the car to a guy that wanted the motor for his wrx. I just got my quote tonight and I have almost have enough to get it fixed. I love these cars.

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is almost time to wake the beast. I almost have enough to get the trans replaced and then get her back on the road.

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L

FieroNews

GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
patiently waiting.... thinking about selling the old Land Cruiser for one, again.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always loved the SVX - something about them - the subtle style, the uniqueness without being too odd......gorgeous cars. Congrats!
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice SVX! Fellow SVX'er here...

I've had my 1997 SVX LSi since 2009. Prior to that, it was my dad's car and he was the original owner of it. I remember riding in it when it was brand new back when I was ten years old. I also remember driving it the day I got my license at age 16. This is probably the one car that I'll regret selling if I ever let it go. I've also owned a Polo Green '95 with a 4.44 trans swap from an Outback that I just sold yesterday.

For those that don't know, '97 is the last year of the SVX and they only made 640 of them that year. This one is an LSI model (fully optioned) as all 1997 models were. Has leather, sunroof, climate control, and faux suede (Ecsaine as they called it then) interior. Mine is all stock with the exception of the "power mode" mod, which is adding a switch to essentially change the shift map in the TCU to adjust the shift points to higher RPM. Sort of a "sport mode" for the trans as BMW and other OEMs call it.

Here are a couple of pics of mine. It's been a daily driver since new, but I'm considering retiring it from daily duty soon so that I can fix some body rust and store it during winters. It currently has about 157k miles. The first pic was taken yesterday after a long overdue wash n' wax. The second pic is from a couple of years ago.

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 08-03-2015).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Suby Silicoan86

Finally had the trans swapped on her and she is back on the road. Repair shop said that it looked like the car was towed with the front wheels on the ground witch is a big no no with these cars being awd. I am glad to have her going again.

Tom

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
2006 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 10-03-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, if I ever came across one of these with the manual tranny conversion already done, I'd have to take a long hard look at it. I've always liked these cars.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got her back from the trans shop and she is now mobile again. Love driving this car what a good time. Patrick just out the SVX world forum as they pop up there with the swap done often.

Tom

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
2006 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So many cars I'd like to have, so little time and money to put towards them. This is one of those I liked a lot growing up but doubt I'll ever get to own one though this might actually be more practical for me than a Mitsubishi 3000GT.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked the looks of them, even the weird windows. Ive only ever seen one in person. A dealer I did work for had it and I just did some paint work on it.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still loving this car. She has been doing good since the trans replacement. I wish I would drive her more.

Originally posted by Khw:

So many cars I'd like to have, so little time and money to put towards them. This is one of those I liked a lot growing up but doubt I'll ever get to own one though this might actually be more practical for me than a Mitsubishi 3000GT.

I love the 3000gt's they are a cool car. Would get a VR4 if I had the money or the space.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I liked the looks of them, even the weird windows. Ive only ever seen one in person. A dealer I did work for had it and I just did some paint work on it.

I have herd it befor about the windows but it really cuts down on the wind and you can see much more with the way they are. No real blind spots looking forward.
------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
2006 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 12-09-2015).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother sold his SVX with 330k on it.. no rust, but he kept it immaculate and owned it since new.

I think it's the most 'choked' up I've seen him when the woman came to pick it up. I rode thousands of miles in that car on road trips was a lot of fun.. I'm fairly certain the trans/engine were never touched I'll msg him and ask now that I'm curious about it.

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

My brother sold his SVX with 330k on it.. no rust, but he kept it immaculate and owned it since new.

I think it's the most 'choked' up I've seen him when the woman came to pick it up. I rode thousands of miles in that car on road trips was a lot of fun.. I'm fairly certain the trans/engine were never touched I'll msg him and ask now that I'm curious about it.

Sounds like he had a good one. I had to get my trans replaced already.

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
2006 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
Fieronews Shifter boots

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 02-23-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one of these things last year.

Gotta be the weirdest, wildest and coolest cars all in one.

LOL! No other car had a suede dashboard that I know of.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is now up for sale for 2000.00 or trade for Fiero 4cyl with an auto

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
2006 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
Fieronews Shifter boots

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've recently done some research on Subarus. I wouldn't mind an SVX some day (when I have more money....some of them are pretty pretty salty for a 15 year old car). Cool looking cars and from what I've read, they handle well. And, of course, there's the famous Subaru all wheel drive.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is sold. Time to get a fiero again,

Tom

------------------
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
Fieronews Shifter boots

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic