Started on: 01-05-2021 06:38 PM
Replies: 124 (4030 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-20-2021 11:58 AM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Join The Fiero Family for 4 Days of Fun and Activities Together!! As of January 3rd, we are nearly at 50 pre-registered cars - a record for this early in the year!

Fieros at Carlisle - June 24 thru 27, 2021

Mark your calendars now and make your reservations to take part in the 27th annual Fieros at Carlisle event going on this June 24 - 27. Bounce back from the COVID year with this 2021 edition that promises to be a great time for all!

The Carlisle GM Nationals is the center piece of this 4-day event that begins on Thursday, June 24 and runs to Sunday, June 27. The Fieros at Carlisle Show will be held on Saturday, June 26 as part to the GM Nationals taking place at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, June 25 & 26. Register now at our website. Our official host hotel is the Fairfield Inn & Suites. They will guarantee their $119 a night room rate for our block through May 23. Please call 717-243-2080 to make your reservations.

Our event schedule is still being finalized, but check out this tentative list of events that are being planned:
Thursday Night Welcome Dinner
Thursday Night Event (TBD)
Friday Area Cruise/Outing
Friday Night Fieros at Carlisle Pizza Party & Parts Swap at Tom Derr's
Friday Night Cruise In and/or Go-Karting
Saturday Dinner Post-Show
Saturday Night Go-Karting
Sunday Farewell Breakfast
Sunday Picnic at the Gilbert's in Oley, PA (Including a memorial service for Jim Gilbert)

The 2021 edition of the GM National has these many great features that promise to make it a great event for all:

GM engine swaps will be featured! Everything from crate motors to junkyard motors will be on display. Cars from custom to cool, racecars to daily drivers, show cars to home garage built - Carlisle wants to see them all. This should be a popular attraction for Fiero owners. If you have a swap that you would like to have them consider for the display, contact them at CarlisleFeatures.com.

We want to be #1 in the Car Club Challenge! Last year MAFOA came in 2nd place in terms of the number of cars registered. We know that we can do better this year and again be the #1 club. Register your car(s) and help to compete and win the Car Club Challenge!

Consider these other featured happenings when making your plans to attend this year’s GM National:
Celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Vega and H Platform
Carlisle Comic Car Con at GM Nationals - A Celebration of GM Comic, TV and Movie Cars
The GM Nationals Automotive Flea Market
The Car Corral where you can buy or sell your vehicle
A selection of Chevy Nova Gold Class Award winners from events across the USA will be displayed
Attend free seminars and instructional and informational sessions to help you tune up your automotive knowledge
Artist David Snyder and his car art will be featured
The Women's Oasis with quality Items for the non-automotive audience as well as the Kids at Carlisle Activity Center that includes crafts, games, a play area help to round out the family friendly event.

Register today for the GM Nationals via the MAFOA website at www.mafoa.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ragoldsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragoldsmithSend a Private Message to ragoldsmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish it wasn’t a 33 hour drive away from me! I would definitely go!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great response on registrations. Very much looking forward to attending Fiero's at Carlisle at the GM nationals. Registered and made our hotel reservations. Some of the hotels are already filling up. I'll venture to say that if the registration keeps going at this rate we may have 100 or more Fiero's there.
It's the show of the year for us and its always nice meeting and chatting with fantastic Fiero owners from all over the USA and Canada. Its a fun event, so get out of the chair, get the Fiero on the road and come on down. If you are also interested in other GM brands hundreds of them will be there as well.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-16-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can do it ;-) We had a guy come from New Mexico in 2019!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

You can do it ;-) We had a guy come from New Mexico in 2019!

What? You mean I could have traveled with someone else?
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spadesluck

2069 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Originally posted by ragoldsmith:

I wish it wasn’t a 33 hour drive away from me! I would definitely go!

Worth going if you can make it. I drove my freshly rebuilt Fiero there and back from New Mexico no problems. My plan is to make it again in 2021, but I will probably tow the car this time around. (only because I have the truck to do so now, I still have full faith in my Fiero)

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 01-07-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update: The Fairfield Inn in Carlisle is at this point completely sold out for the event dates. Nothing is available online. The good news is that MAFOA has about 20 or so reserved rooms remaining (set aside) and still available at the special rate of $112/night. If you wish to lodge there you will need to call directly to book and mention MAFOA. When these rooms are gone the option is to use another hotel chain but in general all rooms in Carlisle usually sell out for the shows. If you are planning on attending many hotels will accept a free cancellation reservation. Good idea to book ASAP.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-15-2021).]

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait! Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to come with me this year.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We hope to meet her Pat!

All - we are up to 71 registrations as of this AM! In 2019, we had 73 cars on the showfield with only 49 pre-registered. This year is going to be BIG!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just signed up. Excited to see you all there.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Five months out and the pre-registrations are now 82 Fieros. That is an absolutely outstanding response. The club is expecting between 100-125 Fieros for Carlisle 27 and it will be quite a show. Since it is part of the huge GM Nationals show there will also be GM events going on all day. For club events go to MAFOA
The GM car show schedule events are as follows
Celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Vega and H Platform

Carlisle Comic Car Con at GM Nationals - A Celebration of GM Comic, TV and Movie Cars

The GM Nationals Automotive Flea Market (parts, books, tools and accessories)

The Car Corral where you can buy or sell your vehicle (Numerous classic cars for sale right here)

A selection of Chevy Nova Gold Class Award winners from events across the USA will be displayed

Attend the many FREE seminars with instructional and informational sessions to help you tune up your automotive knowledge

Artist David Snyder and his car art will be featured

The Women's Oasis with quality Items for the non-automotive audience as well as the Kids at Carlisle Activity Center that includes crafts, games, a play area help to round out the family friendly event. (bring your other half that may not be big on Fieros)

More info on Carlisle here: All GM Nationals Show Events
.....and please remember to register through the club at Registration for Carlisle as it is competing for the attendance award
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-12-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's all be smart, safe and most of all do everything we can to defeat this COVID crap so that we can have the most successful FIERO's at Carlisle ever!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sure Steve!!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2021 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all!

We are up to 75 cars - this is so exciting! If we get 5 more cars by March 1, we will give away a newly released Pickardt Performance tee in a size of your choice! Head to www.mafoa.com to register!

~ Jen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all!

There are up to 77 Fieros registered to attend. Can you help us hit our goal of 80 by March 1? If so, head to www.mafoa.com today to register and be entered for a Pickardt Performance shirt!

~ Jen
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our goal is to be there with at least 1 of our cars! Crossing fingers!

-Amir

------------------
88 Formula - 3800SC/4t65eHD
88 Coupe - 3800SC/4t65eHD
87GT - Great Blue Chop Top

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Our goal is to be there with at least 1 of our cars! Crossing fingers!

-Amir

Woot woot! I hear the shirts will be awesome ;-)
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Woot woot! I hear the shirts will be awesome ;-)

The club has just shared the spectacular new attendance numbers for the show. Eighty one (81) Fieros are currently pre-registered with 4 1/2 months to go. In the past the club has seen a additional 50% more Fieros register at the gate the day of the show but no one can predict that this will happen. It just looks pretty certain that the event will easily draw 100+ entrants.
You need not own a "show car" to join us. There are certainly categories for pristine stock and modified show cars but also categories for work in process, farthest mileage traveled and even a hard luck award for those needing repairs along the way. Where the club locates is referred to as the "fun field" so anyone that comes to compete for a trophy or just looking to have fun is welcome. This show is going to be awesome but I do not speak for the club. Go to www.mafoa.com for additional information

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are up to 82 cars! Congrats to Jeff Seidenzahl for winning the Pickardt Performance tee! If we hit 85 this month, we will give away one Fieros at Carlisle 27 tee and if we hit 90, we will give away two!

www.mafoa.com

~ Jen
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow!!

It would be really close as far as getting my Fiero back on the road by then, so I can't commit just yet. If I can, what is the cut off date for registration?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May 24 for pre-reg but you can register day of too! So hope you can make it!
PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to know! Thank you!!

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2021 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to show up this year, but I'll be in my Vette instead. Fiero "out of service" right now.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2021 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve308 is always looking for friends in the Rebody class :-)

Corvettes for Chip will be held simultaneously so they'll be happy to let you park there and hang with us.

~ Jen
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This sounds like fun, car may not be ready by then but I'll def drive up to hang out
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have been going to Carlisle nearly every year since 1998 and here is a good check list for the newbies.
Finding lodging can be tight during the car shows at Carlisle so its advisable to book early. Most hotels will accept reservations with free cancellation. Carlisle can book up early but the neighboring city of Mechanicsburg 11 miles to the South has numerous hotels and services as well.
Good idea to travel with a fire extinguisher and a tool box when you drive a 30+ yr old car.
Taking along a tire pressure gauge, spare belts and an ignition module can be beneficial.
If extra room is needed there are hooks behind the seats to hang a clothing bag.
Check tire pressure, all fluids before you depart and insure that your spare tire is inflated.
Don't forget an umbrella as it can rain.
All of this may be common sense but some people do forget.
While the club hopes that you do, you not need not bring your Fiero but a show car is not necessary. There will be over 1000 cars to see at the GM show with activities going on all day.
Should you need on the road assistance the club is working on that as well.
Carlisle 27 will be one of the largest Fiero shows in the world and a fun event. If you are looking for some real excitement this is where its at. Everybody is welcome.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-16-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

This sounds like fun, car may not be ready by then but I'll def drive up to hang out

Fingers crossed! We'd love to have you either way!!
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little mouse told me there was a 98.276674567654% chance that a certain JohnWPB would be in attendance this year!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2021 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

A little mouse told me there was a 98.276674567654% chance that a certain JohnWPB would be in attendance this year!

Driving a red 86GT right?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will definitely be there!

Change of plans, I am still going, but transportation has changed

I will be flying in from South Florida. Unfortunately I can only take a week off, and I don't want to spend three to three and a half days of it (round trip) driving up and back. I am looking to rent a car when I get there.

That is unless someone in the area has a spare Fiero they are looking to have someone drive to the show. I would be glad to pay for its use as I would have had to rent a car anyway.

I have full coverage premium insurance with Safeco that follows me and whatever car I drive. I also have AAA Plus that can have the car towed for up to a hundred and twenty miles in case of any breakdowns.

By the way, isn't there supposed to be a car show schedule also this weekend? I just read the first post, and on the whole itinerary of things to do, I saw nothing about a car show lol!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-21-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2021 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Will definitely be there! I will be flying in from South Florida. Unfortunately I can only take a week off, and I don't want to spend three to three and a half days of it (round trip) driving up and back. I am looking to rent a car when I get there.

That is unless someone in the area has a spare Fiero they are looking to have someone drive to the show. I would be glad to pay for its use as I would have had to rent a car anyway.

I have full coverage premium insurance with Safeco that follows me and whatever car I drive. I also have AAA Plus that can have the car towed for up to a hundred and twenty miles in case of any breakdowns.

By the way, isn't there supposed to be a car show schedule also this weekend? I just read the first post, and on the whole itinerary of things to do, I saw nothing about a car show lol!

LOL yes - that is all day Saturday ;-)

PFF
System Bot
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2021 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John is talking about putting his '86 GT on the auto train and bringing it up here! But even if that doesn't happen, I have one more trick up my sleeve!
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2021 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fingers crossed the border opens up by then so the 5 or so ontario cars can make it still.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 03-17-2021).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2021 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John is talking about putting his '86 GT on the auto train and bringing it up here! But even if that doesn't happen, I have one more trick up my sleeve!

Where does the auto train offload (closest to the show)?
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2021 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Where does the auto train offload (closest to the show)?

It goes from Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA, about 150 miles from Carlisle.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2021 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It goes from Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA, about 150 miles from Carlisle.

Well depending on the who what and where, a couple of us will be driving past Lorton on Thursday (late morning) heading up to Carlisle. If the stars align we can meet up and "Carlisle Caravan" up to Carlisle together.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2021 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I may chime in; Paula and myself are frequent Amtrak Travelers having gone coast to coast by train many times. The Autotrain departs Sanford Fl, at 4:00 PM but you need to get there early as they start loading cars at 11:30 AM and shut it off at 2:30 PM when they start boarding passengers. There is a free shuttle to downtown Sanford that runs every 20 minutes so you need not wait in the terminal. When you drop off your car it is videoed on all sides as it is insured against scratches or damage. The train can leave early. Buy your tickets now as you can catch some fare specials.
Arrival in Lorton VA is at 8:59 AM. It may take up to an hour before all cars are unloaded off the auto carriers. Going back the train follows the same schedule. If the budget allows; since it is an overnight trip we would recommend that travelers spring for a private bedroom or roomette. Hot food is served for dinner and is included with the fare on sleeper passengers. Coach passengers can purchase food in the lounge car.
As for the road trip from Lorton to Carlisle. The Amtrak terminal is right off Rt 95 so I would estimate the drive to Carlisle at 2:15.
If you reside in FL and wish to attend Carlisle, this IMO is a really good option.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John is talking about putting his '86 GT on the auto train and bringing it up here!

Yes, Patrick told me about the Auto Train on Wednesday I think it was. I researched and on Thursday purchased the ticket.

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If I may chime in; Paula and myself are frequent Amtrak Travelers having gone coast to coast by train many times.................................................. If you reside in FL and wish to attend Carlisle, this IMO is a really good option.

Yes, this really is a nice option! As you mentioned, the train leaves around 4:00 PM, I have dinner around 5:40 on the train, relax a bit and go to sleep around 11:00 or so. Wake up at 7:30, have breakfast, get off the train and hop in the car! N I C E ! ! ! !

As a HUGE bonus, at checkout, they offered a Amtrak credit card (like I need another credit card!) Anyhow, the offer was too good to pass up. Get the card, get 20,000 Amtrak miles, and $150 off the first purchase (Used it immediately to pay for the ticket, so the train ticket was $150 less). then....in turn with triple points per dollar for purchases on the card, turned into another 21,000 miles. Total 41,000 miles. Enough for 4 round trips from West Palm Beach to New York! I will be taking some weekend trips again when the Pandemic is over.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-21-2021).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what day do you arrive in Lorton? If Thursday, drop me a PM !

Steve.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Jennifer, how many do you have registered? Still working on the Georgia gang. I think at least 2 of us are coming.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock