Lowrider Fiero on YouTube by Chris_narf
Started on: 09-26-2020 10:50 AM
Replies: 23 (656 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 10-22-2020 10:30 AM
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really my style, but somebody put a TON of money into this:
I Bought An Abandoned Magazine Featured Lowrider With Hydraulics For $1,000! Will It Run Or Bounce!
from LegitStreetCars

Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot more Fiero's on various YouTube channels?

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's amazing how sun-faded the interior is. Hopefully we'll see more of it.

Part of the fun of watching some of the Fieros being fixed on youtube is watching these guys struggle with problems that have been well documented here over the years and practically yelling the solution at the screen, "NO what are you doing?! The fuel pump is in the tank!"
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how Bondo was the state of the art "fix-all" back in the 80's. It was a filler, adhesive, parts maker, etc.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-26-2020).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember someone posting scans from magazine as i have seen the car before.
andreww

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately they really don't seem to serious about restoring the car, and seem more interested in getting the car to bounce. Quite frankly, I feel that whenever these top YouTubers feature a Fiero, its more a joke than anything else. Like the guy that entered the Enzo Fiero in the exclusive concours show, or when Tavarish picked up a Fiero Countach replica. None of them actually appreciate the cars. Its a shame. If they were actually going to restore the car to its original glory, I'd be very interested, but from this video I can already tell its not going in that direction.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah that's just sad. They are obviously not Fiero guys.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by andreww:

Quite frankly, I feel that whenever these top YouTubers feature a Fiero, its more a joke than anything else. Like the guy that entered the Enzo Fiero in the exclusive concours show, or when Tavarish picked up a Fiero Countach replica. None of them actually appreciate the cars. Its a shame.

The name of the game in YouTube is content. Content sells ad revenue... and YouTubers sure love reinforcing the red-headed stepchild reputations of the Fiero - between exaggerated fires and bad replica cars - because they make for quick and easy consumption to the average short attention-span YouTube viewer.

Unfortunately that's also what's picked-up by the other car subcultures... outside our bubble, I've found respect for our cars (at least in stock form) remains pretty sporadic.

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 10-05-2020).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2020 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....or when Tavarish picked up a Fiero Countach replica.

I had forgotten about that one. Did he ever do anything with that car?

WatchJRgo was another one that had a Fiero but I don't think he ever did anything with it. I watched his videos for months afterward but almost all of his cars he just flipped. Didn't expect to see him in this new one though.

Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2020 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

The name of the game in YouTube is content. Content sells ad revenue...

^^^^^^^ This. The more absurd the content is, the higher the view count will likely be. This one was interesting not because of what they are doing with it, but what the original owner did with it. Not something I would do, but they certainly spent a ton of money on it and it doesn't look like it held up well over time. Sun faded cloth, flaking paint, and no clue how so much dirt entered the engine bay (flood?) If nothing else, we can hope that the increased awareness that our little cars exist will spark legitimate interest with the younger crowd. People are finding the cars "interesting", just not always for the reasons we would hope for.

Also, if the people who are creating the videos detailing Fiero restoration are reading this, bravo! Keep'm coming!
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting that is has the PK86-style smoothed roof where they filled the gap between the main roof section and the rear clip (or whatever it is called).
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is for sale on eBay, current bid is $2426

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224194562738

"My Lowrider Fiero is no reserve on Ebay! The final video is coming out Friday and yes I get it running, driving, and bouncing!"
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy ***k, up to $10k, and it doesn't bounce (but that's probably a good thing!)
------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 10-17-2020).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone here really needs to buy it. HyperV6? ThunderstruckGT? Pontiackid86? Don't let this one get away.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up to $6200!!!!
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold at 10,100!!!!!

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director
1987 Fiero GT T-Top 1988 Fiero Formula

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Sold at 10,100!!!!!

Bidder backed out like usual. I have some inside friends that know the seller and I am friends with John Ross from the video (WatchJRgo). Although it is cool a car and in not the greatest shape, it was nice to still see it can bring that kind of money. eBay is always notorious for bidders to back out or simply not pay. Unfortunately eBay is hit or miss and no bidders are held accountable which is not a good look for them anymore.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 10-21-2020).]

andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
Bidder backed out like usual. I have some inside friends that know the seller and I am friends with John Ross from the video (WatchJRgo). Although it is cool a car and in not the greatest shape, it was nice to still see it can bring that kind of money. eBay is always notorious for bidders to back out or simply not pay. Unfortunately eBay is hit or miss and no bidders are held accountable which is not a good look for them anymore.

Sure, bidder backed out. Look at the bidding history. Looks pretty sketchy to me. I find it very unlikely that anyone will pay close to 10K for that turd. JR bought it for a grand, I think he may have overpaid.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While this low rider is a unique Fiero it seems like more of a joke than a serious attempt at building something worthwhile. As for eBay sometimes the strangest items get a lot of bids like like the toast with a grilled-cheese portrait of the Virgin Mary that "sold" for $28,000. Obviously this was a joke item but it just goes to show how some people will bid up the strangest things knowing that they will not pay.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2020 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bids into the 3k range look like legitimate bids. Nothing over 4600 looks real.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I had forgotten about that one. Did he ever do anything with that car?

WatchJRgo was another one that had a Fiero but I don't think he ever did anything with it. I watched his videos for months afterward but almost all of his cars he just flipped. Didn't expect to see him in this new one though.

Tavarish trashed that Fiero, only keeping the front clip. He was going to attach it to a wrecked race car chases that he'd bought, but when he couldn't repair it the project was scrapped. You can still see the Countach front clip in storage at the back of his shop in current episodes, so maybe we'll that again soon.
PFF
System Bot
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

The bids into the 3k range look like legitimate bids. Nothing over 4600 looks real.

Because thats the maximum the car is worth, only because it has some pretty expensive hydraulic parts. The car is worth nothing.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because thats the maximum the car is worth, only because it has some pretty expensive hydraulic parts. The car is worth nothing.

That's been my struggle with this as well. Sure, the car is "interesting", but that doesn't always translate into monetary value when selling something.
- Needs bodywork
- Needs paint
- No real usable parts from a Fiero perspective
- "Runs and drives" would be a bit of a stretch.
- Sketchy electrical system
- No clue what the hydraulics are worth.

When I watched the videos, what I remember thinking most was, "the build quality isn't great and this thing is badly neglected." I'm trying to think of the perfect buyer for this, and I can't. Maybe as a high school student's first car for a few hundred bucks? I do hope they get it sold, and it would be cool if the new owner joined the forum.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder: Would this style still hold up today in the Low Rider community, or is it horribly out of style? The car was built 25 years ago but knowing almost nothing of the low rider scene I can't say if it is current or not (there was never much of a scene around here). Unfortunately it is also in really rough shape inside and out.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock