Started on: 11-08-2019 08:53 PM
Replies: 25 (856 views)
Last post by: fierobear on 12-02-2019 11:05 AM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed that I joined PFF in Nov 1999. Twenty years on PFF and owning a Fiero since 1987.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Good going, Lar!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I just noticed that I joined PFF in Nov 1999.

Newb.

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep he's a newb.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Yep he's a newb.

Not too many of us still here who can get away with saying that.
Rodrv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2019 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I just noticed that I joined PFF in Nov 1999. Twenty years on PFF and owning a Fiero since 1987.

November 1999 must have been a popular month

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Porsche 928S4
1987 Corvette
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Van's RV-6 airplane

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy anniversary 😁 wishes you many more years πŸ‘
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, when did PFF begin? April of 1999?
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sledcaddie:

So, when did PFF begin? April of 1999?

According to the 10th anniversary update on the main page January 13th, 1999.
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I joined PFF a week before I bought my first Fiero... In highschool.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:

According to the 10th anniversary update on the main page January 13th, 1999.

Fun fact #1: All members are assigned a number by the system. The first number assigned was, obviously, 000001 and this number increased (by one) with every new member. So you would think I am member #000001. But I am not. The original software I installed was quite buggy and due to a bug, the first 100 member numbers were at one point randomly mixed. Due to this, I am now member number 000044.

Fun fact #2: Up until somewhere in the late 00's, there was an easter egg on every page. When you viewed PFF on a monitor with a very high resolution, a text would appear on the top right of each page saying: "Wow! That's a big monitor you have there!". Mind you, 800x600 monitors were the norm back then. I removed that message once HD monitors and multi-monitor displays became common.

Fun fact #3: The "blue tornado" in the PFF logo is in fact part of a stock Fiero wheel - but mirrored:

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Fun fact #1: All members are assigned a number by the system. The first number assigned was, obviously, 000001 and this number increased (by one) with every new member. So you would think I am member #000001. But I am not. The original software I installed was quite buggy and due to a bug, the first 100 member numbers were at one point randomly mixed. Due to this, I am now member number 000044.

Fun fact #2: Up until somewhere in the late 00's, there was an easter egg on every page. When you viewed PFF on a monitor with a very high resolution, a text would appear on the top right of each page saying: "Wow! That's a big monitor you have there!". Mind you, 800x600 monitors were the norm back then. I removed that message once HD monitors and multi-monitor displays became common.

Fun fact #3: The "blue tornado" in the PFF logo is in fact part of a stock Fiero wheel - but mirrored:

I never knew about the wheel, that makes way more sense now!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many years ago I went page by page through the PFF Member List, and by noting each person's Registered Date, I was able to figure out my member number. I posted whatever number it was in a relevant thread way back then, but unfortunately I've had difficulty locating that post.

There are way too many members listed now for me to go through that process again, but I'm quite confident my PFF member number was around 50. With 29,435 members currently registered, the forum has grown considerably in the last 20 years.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-19-2019).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea what it used to be (before all the numbers got mixed up) but its 179 now.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea what it used to be (before all the numbers got mixed up) but its 179 now.

Aw man, I've been shafted by the number mix-up.

I'm going to have to find that old post of mine with the correct number.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Woa, didn't know that one... cool!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I remember #s 2 and 3.

Edit - Yikes! I just realized that I was here 20 years ago last month.

Thanks Cliff!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-18-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I joined in 2000 after activity on the old Fiero List started to fall off. I would guess that my place would be among the first 1000 members. Over the years many good people have come and gone but the information here has proved invaluable. We now live in a time where the car hobby seems less important ( and smaller) than in the past. The good news is that the car hobby still survives and the activity here seems far more than on most car forums.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please allow me to indulge myself.

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm quite confident my PFF member number is around 50.

Aw man, I've been shafted by the number mix-up.

I'm going to have to find that old post of mine with the correct number.

I love a challenge, so...

First, I came across this ancient thread, Over 100 registered members!

Hi All!

I just wanted y'all to know that this forum has just passed the 100 registered members mark! As you may or may not know, this Forum only started 3 months ago and is now averaging 2-3 new members every day! I'm glad it's taking off and I really should thank the regular posters (you know who you are!) and especially Ogre who has been supplying us with a wealth of information!

Ogre and I have been discussing some additions to the forum, mainly a place where you could find interesting articles about our beloved Fiero - a place that would answer a lot of questions beforehand. I have already received some material from Ogre and as soon as time permits, I will create a place for this.

Anyway, keep on posting!

That post was dated 04-22-1999. According to the official PFF Member List, I signed up here on 04/05/99 which was 17 days before the number of registered members passed 100. So I knew for sure that I was at least among the first 100 members.

I then finally found the post from years ago where I had determined what number I was!

In this thread, 10,000 posts here in 10 short years, I posted the following on 05-07-2009.

I went through the membership list last night and worked out who signed up before me. It turns out there were 65 people who became members here before I did. Two other people signed up the same day as me. Since I can’t tell the time of day that anyone signed up, I’m either member # 66, 67, or 68. Only Cliff would be able to tell for sure.

As it turns out, Cliff would not be able to tell for sure. My hockey jersey just happens to be # 66, in recognition of Mario Lemieux (it's a Canadian thing)... so because no one, and I mean no one can prove otherwise... my PFF registration will forevermore be (at least in my mind) # 66 as well.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-20-2019).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fun fact #4: The quickest way to get here, is through www.fieroforum.com 😊
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're all newbs to me!

*except Ciff, of course!

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 12-01-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

You're all newbs to me!

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I feel like a young'un

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long live PFF
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just hit 19 years! Woohoo!

------------------
Currently looking for another Fiero build...
14 Camaro ZL1
19 Silverado Z71
14 Silverado 2500HD
86 Turbo GT 5 speed
88 coupe SBC

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

You're all newbs to me!

*except Ciff, of course!

And this is why he’s MISTER Fiero to you!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock