Started on: 09-11-2019 12:26 PM
Replies: 23 (939 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-19-2020 08:33 PM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to take a break from Fiero's and projects in general. It turns out that twin baby boys take up a lot more time than one may initially think. They will be 2 in November. I'm a stay at home dad during the week and run my own entertainment, A/V company during naps and the weekend. Life is great.

I just cleaned out my garage. Anything I haven't touched in the past year was thrown out, sold or donated. That goes for (harbor freight) tools as well. Once it was clean my Fiero was just to accessable not play with. Sooooo at the moment its getting brand new poly suspension components, painted suspension parts, cut springs in the front for now and DIY coilovers in the rear. Finishing up the BMW dashboard and hopefully getting it back on the road before November.

Actually anything I've ever wanted to get done in my 30's probably needs to get done by November.
I'm having ANOTHER boy

I'll probably make another thread in the construction zone for the updates to the vehicle so y'all can help keep me accountable with the rest of this project.

1986 Se
Longitudinally mounted 350 with run of the mill short tube headers
Straight cut timing gears
650 Holly & dominator intake manifold
314 hydramatic trans
Archie Rockers
Custom decklid
smoked tail lights
Lowered ~3"
3" dual exhaust w/ high flow raptors
Aftermarket aluminum radiator
etc...etc...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2019 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, long time no see. Nice to have you back. Still airbrushing?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2019 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another wanderer returns. I took 7 years off myself. Welcome back
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2019 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Haven't picked up any paint tools for a long time now. I've been very focussed on making my entertainment and sound company thrive. The last time I painted anything was a bit before I quit Fall-Line Motorsports, and that was just touching up a few roll cages. Maybe someday I'll pick up airbrushing as a hobby again. Hope you guys are well.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2019 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the rear axels cleaned and installing new boots!
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back 👍
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided to go with 1989 Grand Am calipers on the rear. New rotors, pads, brake lines, Joints, etc. Took a bit to locate the parts I needed for the Held bump steer setup but I managed. New Boots on the axels. I got into the passenger side too. Built coilovers, took out the rust and repainted. So the rear is pretty much good to go. I'm going to flush new brake fluid through the lines before I connect the new calipers.

The front drivers side needs just a few things and it's ready.

Now, this is what I am not looking forward to. I threw my back out extremely bad while getting a lug nut off this side already. Couldn't walk for a day. You saw the work I put into the drivers side... Check this out.

It looks like a piece of the titanic. Luckily I just need to bust it off. I have new parts painted and ready to go in, thank goodness.

I want to share with you something that has been eye opening for me and extremely helpful. Electrolysis rust removal is amazing. Here is a video if you have never heard of it before.
Rust Removal With Electricity

In about 6 hours all the paint, grease, rust and everything else floated off this part.

And left me with this.

If anyone wants this hood let me know. I'm not into it anymore.

More to come once my back heals. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 10-15-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a better man than me, I can't get rid of stuff.

For some reason the pics didn't work.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 10-15-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff Pennock has implemented a newer easier way to upload images here. Use it! (It's the Upload Image tab below the message post box.)

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I want to share with you something that has been eye opening for me and extremely helpful. Electrolysis rust removal is amazing. Here is a video if you have never heard of it before.

]

I may have to try this!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-15-2020).]

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This works. It's great for removing rust from the inside of fuel tanks. It's a lot easier on the metal than muriatic acid.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in the hood. I am local to you. What are you looking for it??

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director
1987 Fiero GT T-Top 1988 Fiero Formula

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

PFF
System Bot
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way behind here, what T/A are you using? Great build.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's T/A?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

What's T/A?

Yes, please!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Cliff Pennock has implemented a newer easier way to upload images here. Use it! (It's the Upload Image tab below the message post box.)

I may have to try this!

I actually did this to my rear spindles. They weren't rusted bad, just some surface rust, but it did take it all off. I was impressed. It worked like a champ.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm blown away by how well it works and really disappointed I didn't know about it sooner. It would have saved me so much trouble in my 20's.
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, you have a PM. 👍
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Way behind here, what T/A are you using? Great build.

Forgive me, what's T/A stand for?
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hood is sold
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the hood from Chris. He has a pretty slick car going together at this time as well.

Thank You for the Hood
+ given

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director
1987 Fiero GT T-Top 1988 Fiero Formula

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations and welcome back!
PFF
System Bot
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been out for 5 years myself, cant believe it has been that long.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2020 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been soaking this lump of rust in PB BLASTER over the past week. I tried to get off a lower control arm bolt yesterday and its fighting me still. Ill have to torch it. How fun. I'm looking forward to posting pics of this thing on all 4 wheels though. I've got some really fun ideas planned once it's safe to drive again.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris: Were you the guy that built the N* convertible Fiero that was eventually sold to Mike Valentine? If so that was a super build. I just wonder where that car is now.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock