Started on: 08-25-2019 08:02 PM
Replies: 30 (1215 views)
Last post by: Fiero Thomas on 09-26-2020 05:30 PM
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2019 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added an 88 formula to the heard today. Got the car from the original owner bought new in 88. it has 117,000 on the clock but it runs top notch. The paint is bad and it has steering wheel wobel that needs to be fixed. The car came with three pallets of extra parts. I have no clue what half the **** is that I got. The car is running on a straight pipe setup so it is really loud. In the parts is a new stainless steel exhaust set up complete with a new cat. Thinking about selling the cat. Other parts I will be listing soon for sale. Here are a couple of photos that I got tonight. I will add more later.

Thank You for looking.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2018 Ford Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2019 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks just like the first Fiero I ever owned....actually, the first 2 I ever owned. I had to have a spare for parts afterall.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2019 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went and bought parts for it today. I got the radio bezel, trim piece for the door, and a trunk popper for less then 30.00

The interior is in not that bad of a shape. The dash is cracked but I got a new dash with it that is perfect. Will do that next year. Came with new floor mats as well. I got the radio today as well and speakers. Will put them in next weekend.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
1988 Fiero Formula
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-02-2019).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed my radio today. I did the front speakers as well. The radio is an Alpine Bluetooth radio and cerwin vega speakers. Going to do the rear speakers on thursday.

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2019 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today I took her from one shop to another. Had all the oil leaks fixed on the car and a new oil pan put in. Got the stearing wheel woble fixed. The issue I have now is the trans is leaking from the shaft and soaking the clutch. I have worked with the people that I dropped the car off before. They are a real good shop. I asked them to put in a used trans and a new clutch at the least. Or rebuild the one that is there. I have to keep this on the cheap.

Today I also installed LED headlights, LED dome lights. I put in a new pulse board for the wipers and that made my issues worse so I took it out and requested an RMA for it. Installed new horn buttons as well. Sorry no pics today. I will update when I get some news.

Thank You for reading
Thomas

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-24-2019).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2019 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a factory amp behind the carpet on the passenger side?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2019 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Is that a factory amp behind the carpet on the passenger side?

There is no amp there at this time. I will be adding this soon
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the call from the trans shop today. Looks like there is a big hole in the trans that was siliconed to try to keep the fluid in the car. So they found a used trans in the us. He said its very hard to find a trans for the car due to it being an 88. But it will be fixed.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that isn't an 88-only transmission...
86-88 and also Cavalier 5 speed getrags can be used if you reverse the direction of the shift arms...
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

86-88 and also Cavalier 5 speed getrags can be used if you reverse the direction of the shift arms...

Sounds good. I will let them know. I am new to the 88 life so I am learning alot. I have always had 85 86 or 87 cars. This is my 11th Fiero and second 88 and the first one with a manual.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
1988 Fiero Formula
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-26-2019).]

Dragonfish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonfishSend a Private Message to DragonfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Did you pick that up after I was there or was it at the shop? I have an 88, let me know if you need an extra pair of hands. I also may need parts when you list them
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragonfish:

Nice! Did you pick that up after I was there or was it at the shop? I have an 88, let me know if you need an extra pair of hands. I also may need parts when you list them

Always looking for people to help out. The car should be mechanically sound after this. I am going to do the front end next year. Going to get all KYB shocks and struts all around. Koni is just to expensive. If you ever want to have the Fieros hang out on the weekend let me know. Hope I wont be without her for to long.

Thomas
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I'd think Beretta/Corsica would work too; might get you up to a '93 model...

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for all the input guys. I just hope to have her by the 19th so I can take her on the fall color tour with NIFE.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-26-2019).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the Formula back from the trans shop and wow what a difference. It shifts so nice and smooth now its great. The old trans was in very bad shape. He showed me all the damage and the holes that were siliconed and it was a mess. The input shaft was off center as well. Next is the breaks on the rear then next summer I am going to do the front end and paint

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 10-02-2019).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Getrag is a very good transmission. In fact, most of the race prepped Fieros out there used the same transmission (albeit with straight cut Webster gears).
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2019 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Todd.

I wanted to say that they fixed my exhaust on my car for no charge as well. That is going to save me a trip to get it fixed. They are a really Fiero friendly shop.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the back rims on it today. When I got the car the front rims were gold and the back was black. Decided to go with the gold rims

Thank you for looking
Quadfather

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car. I'm biased, because I have an '87 coupe, but this is the best of the three body styles.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Got the back rims on it today. When I got the car the front rims were gold and the back was black. Decided to go with the gold rims

Thank you for looking

You should consider going full Smokey and the Bandit with this. Gold pin striping and accents will really set it off!
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Testing a new sig

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top 1988 Fiero Formula
2018 Ford Ecosport Ecoboost 2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
You should consider going full Smokey and the Bandit with this. Gold pin striping and accents will really set it off!

The plan is to put gold decals on the doors and trunk lid. Not sure about striping it but it sounds like a cool idea

------------------
2018 Ford Ecosport Ecoboost 2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas

4662 posts
Member since Jul 2005
one last test

------------------

Thank You
Thomas

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
testing out the new image poster

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 12-01-2019).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at old pics of my 88 today and forgot how DAMN HIGH the front ends are from the factory!

Your Formula looks great!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have installed LED headlights into her and went to another Alpine radio that has more options to it from HD Radio to xm as well. I have also ordered all the amps, speakers and subs for this car for the radio build that I will start when it gets nicer outside in a couple of months. I have been stockpiling parts for her including NOS arrows for the sail panels. They are still in the sealed OEM bags. Still on the fence if I want to use them as they are that nice.

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2020 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a carbon fiber shifter boot today.

Here are my two baby's together.

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director

FieroNews

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2020 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion, but most pinstriping looks too silly- That being said, after a year I decided to put a stripe on my white 1985 Fiero SE- A blue 1/2" stripe.....On the rub strip- it actually was barely visible...very subtle.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 04-06-2020).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today my son put KYB GR-2 shocks on the car. I won a new set on eBay for 23.00. Could not pass that deal up. I love to see him so into the Fiero's They made a big difference he said. Since he has learned to drive stick he has been taking my formula and leaving his gt behind. Should have never teached him how to drive stick. But I love seeing him drive it.

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After driving the car for a few months the slave I think is bad on the car. Did this the day before Fiero Day 2020. Just had it towed to my transmission shop that does all my work. Just waiting for his call to say its all done.

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director

FieroNews

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got her back today. And she is doing great. The shop put in a new master and slave and everything works great. I will be driving it for the next few weeks before its time for her to sleep before the winter.

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director

FieroNews

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic