Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  FIERO ECOTEC 2.0 LSJ / F35 SWAP JOURNEY ( FROM ION REDLINE) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FIERO ECOTEC 2.0 LSJ / F35 SWAP JOURNEY ( FROM ION REDLINE) by anaverin
Started on: 03-02-2019 01:05 AM
Replies: 61 (6224 views)
Last post by: 88 V8 Formula on 09-21-2021 08:52 AM
anaverin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of supportive, the wife started a youtube channel documenting the car and the build. This first video is more about the car then the engine swap, but since i don't have more info for it, this will have to do! https://youtu.be/5PgGZoFsGmw

------------------
86 SE FASTBACK T-TOPS
88 FORMULA 4.9
87 GT MEDIUM RED METALLIC stockish

EMAIL : Anaverin@gmail.com

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2019 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on!

I have a tail light if you need it. Free, just shipping.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't need a taillight actually. Been working on getting the cars frame fixed and the interior cleaned up. New video out tomorrow!
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anaverin

435 posts
Member since Aug 2002
In part 2 of our series we discuss tips and tricks for removing interior that has been trashed, and we go the distance to get new pieces! Discussion and facts of the rarest fiero interior color : Beechwood! As always, its packed with fun fiero facts and tips for your restoration. We are really building our channel and putting out high quality videos here, so if you could check it out and subscribe then you'll be the first to know! Working on the first 100 subscribers!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH3Bku56ZYo
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys ive been updating the youtube channel lately but nonew engine work yet, working on the chassis!

Check it out
Http://youtube.com/c/lightspeedfieros

------------------
86 SE FASTBACK T-TOPS
88 FORMULA 4.9
87 GT MEDIUM RED METALLIC stockish

EMAIL : Anaverin@gmail.com

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2019 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for your subscribing to my wife's and i's youtube channel Lightspeed fieros!

In the 3 months, we have released 20 videos and today we broke 1000 subscibers!!

I just wanted to thank all of you who have been supporting us. If you haven't checked out the channel yet, the address is

http://youtube.com/c/lightspeedfieros

Thank you again. You all rock and I will keep trying to include all the fieros I can in new videos. We are currently doing a video of a complete repaint in the garage for the DIY person.

Once i get back to the engine i will continue to update this forum thread on that so its complete.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep updating via youtube, but have been working on the car, not the swap yet. check the channel for updates
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My front and rear mounts are done! I used bushings from ottperforance. Made them so the axles sit perfectly straight. Got a youtube video on it, at youtube.com/lightspeedfieros Ep14
Give me your thoughts

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 03-24-2020).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have 2 new episodes
out!!!

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 05-27-2020).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got another episode out. I actually have the car running and driving and its a blast!!!! i need to orginize the pictures and update here. until then....

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 06-25-2020).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2020 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have fallen a little behind for a while. I wanted to try to complete the thread more, and i am awaiting any questions anyone has about the build. The car now runs and drives well supercharged. The cooling system runs backwards from the fiero, so i had to make crossover hoses on the radiator side, and reroute heater hoses drastically. OH well. We put 2000 miles on the car and it has been rock solid, however the suspension and brakes need attention now. I figure that will be soon then. I hope you enjoy these 3 episodes, Ep 20 feels like we didnt fail this project. Even if i stopped work right now, its a better fiero then any stock one i could pick up IMO. thanks guys!

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 08-10-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New episode of #projectlsjfiero, 3000 miles on the swap, and the first breakdown! We have new hats and fall merch, as well as wideband gauges as we finish the interior! But, who is the special guest? Watch to find out! (Actually its Ronnie Finger. )

But we install an AEM WIDEBAND, and get the entire redline gauge cluster looking amazing in there.

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 10-09-2020).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the sound of that motor- seems peppy and a perfect fit for the Fiero

Would be interested in seeing results if you ever take it to a track... 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. Great swap idea
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Love the sound of that motor- seems peppy...

"Peppy"... as it cooks the tread off its rear tires.

And yeah... Gotta love the SC whine.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Love the sound of that motor- seems peppy and a perfect fit for the Fiero

Would be interested in seeing results if you ever take it to a track... 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. Great swap idea

We will be doing an autocross with it tomorrow, and then we will be doing 0-60 times and 1/4 mile with the disclaimer that i am a slow shifter and not a drag racer. Someone could do it better then me, but once we Turbo and double the power, it will be interesting to compare those numbers i think!

As for it being a perfect fit, i cant agree more. It is better balanced then any other fiero I have ever driven, this setup *should* be lighter then the duke in here, being all aluminum.
thanks for the piase!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Love the "redneck charm" of the videos.... !!! You guys have more metal in your yard than the Port of Los Angeles..... Love it!!

I have a pretty sweet 3800 SC setup with intercooler, etc. Fast and reliable. But to be honest, if I had the skills to do it, I would swap it for the engine and trans combo you are running. Just seems more "appropriate" for the size and feel of this car. Well done!

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 10-11-2020).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news. That is not my yard! it is my buddies! Thank you for watching the videos! Still working hard on this crazy project. Got a bunch of water in the intake at autocross, i might need fender liners... Also,next video autocrossing in the rain i guess, lol.

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The LSJ was my first choice for an engine for my car. But when I did my swap in 2007, the cheapest one I could find with most of the stuff to make it run was 3000.00. And then I still needed the wiring harness because this was an upgrade package for a Cobalt and it did not include the main harness. Fast foreward to now and for 5000.00 I could buy a used Cobalt SS and have everything i need. But I like my 2.2 turbo ecotec so not going to happen. Thanks for the thread and videos, great job.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

The LSJ was my first choice for an engine for my car. But when I did my swap in 2007, the cheapest one I could find with most of the stuff to make it run was 3000.00. And then I still needed the wiring harness because this was an upgrade package for a Cobalt and it did not include the main harness. Fast foreward to now and for 5000.00 I could buy a used Cobalt SS and have everything i need. But I like my 2.2 turbo ecotec so not going to happen. Thanks for the thread and videos, great job.

I spent many hours going over your threads and others before i attempted this swap. If not for you guys, this might have been much more difficult, or i may never have done it. Thank you for watching, and admiring what we have done. It has been a wild ride, and now i need to turbo swap!
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We took the car autocrossing while still supercharged. In addition we upgraded all the headlights. the new ones are amazing! check out the video or this picture here. Sorry for the lack off updates. Does anyone have any questions about it?

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 12-23-2020).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally got EPS installed using the BCM from the ion to control speed sensitive power steering. ITs pretty great. also grabbed a new steering wheel from irrationables garage. (recover) if you watch remeber to leave a comment.
PFF
System Bot
88 V8 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 V8 FormulaClick Here to visit 88 V8 Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 V8 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you tell me where you got the taller wing stands on this car?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock