Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Random car guy's mind changes about Fieros after he finally drives one.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Random car guy's mind changes about Fieros after he finally drives one. by 2.5
Started on: 04-06-2018 12:34 PM
Replies: 15 (488 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 04-08-2018 03:24 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who knew eh?

Looks like somebody modified their shifter.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

88 shifters were real tall.

A cut down 84, a stock 84 and a stock 88.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-06-2018).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car & Drivel should be flambied for the anti-American and especially Anti-Fiero crap they wrote thru the 80s.....Their last test (Of an 88 Formula) read (Basically) "This thing is REALLY improved! It handles great, agile.....Except for a few things....(The instruments are pointed at your navel and the steering is a "Nautilus workout!" (Nautilus was a home gym machine)....Then they rated it below the MR2 and the.....CRX....(?!) called the CRX "Body of Daryl Hannah"....even tho they stated the CRX's steering wheel was almost unreachable!

"1000 extra points for not being American!" C&D editorial st(U)ff.........

I also like that this guy pointed out that the Fiero V6 was quicker than the NA versions of the 300ZX and RX-7 of the time....Most mags would only compare it to the MR2...which is a great canyon carver, but try driving it in traffic.......
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the video - Man, this video makes me miss my Formula.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I owned both my 86 Fiero V6 and an 86 300ZX at the same time. My adult children were always borrowing the Fiero, and I'd have to chase it down days later to get it back. Nobody ever borrowed the ZX, and it wasn't reliable on top of it all. Car mags thought the ZX was all that, and pounded the Fiero. They had it 180* off.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find Jason, a very well done video with a lot of facts, information and myth busting.....

Take a moment and give the guy a "thumbs up" oh his video, and post a comment. EVERYONE show him some Fiero love in return!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Originally posted by fierosound:

The shifter itself might be a bit taller (than previous years), but the Formula in the video also has some silly looking non-OEM shift knob on there that sticks up way higher than the original knob. Looks ridiculous.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Take a moment and give the guy a "thumbs up" oh his video, and post a comment. EVERYONE show him some Fiero love in return!

I love my Formula, but...

Before we all get totally enamored with this fella because he said some nice things about our favorite little plastic car... keep in mind this guy's basically a used car salesman. (Read the comments below the video at YouTube to confirm.) He's flogging that Fiero! He's obviously not going to say anything negative about it in his marketing video.

I wonder what the asking price is? No doubt it's rather high... hence the overflowing platitudes.
[EDIT] Found it on This page. Not too bad of a price - $6500. Maybe he's hoping for a bidding war.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-06-2018).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was great! I loved the admitted Fiero bashing he did earlier, but then "I was wrong" after driving one.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For years I have caught H**L for owning a Fiero from the local car enthusiasts...They all think the Fieros were sold with 3 wheels and 2 1/2 cylinders......I have given rides to quite a few and even let 2 guys drive my 85 SE V6...Every one of them reacts with total shock that the car is as good as it is.....I want to be clear here; The car is both better and worse than the reviewers stated back in the day....probably the biggest plus vs other mid-engined cars is comfort, biggest downfall is the heavy steering, and sometimes (Like my old getrag) the stiff shifting.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2018 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That appeared to be a well put together Formula.
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing this.

A true "car guy" would never put down anyone's car no matter what, especially without knowing much about them.
I have a lot of friends that are true car guys, and all of us have different tastes and requirements from our cars...... imagine that.

It has become way too simple to read a few reviews (and most of these people have never even lived with a Fiero, let alone driven one) and post it on the internet.

None of us really need to be convinced as to the positive aspects of a Fiero, but it is nice to see somewhat of an newly realized unbiased review of them.
(I have an '88 GT automatic, but still want a Formula with a 5speed..... to go with it of course).

I will hopefully always have one awaiting my joy and anticipation of driving it.....
I do not own a Fiero because it is going to become more valuable, or that others lust after it, I own one because I actually love them like the rest of us do, so....
Nice to see a fellow take back his words.
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Thanks for sharing this.

A true "car guy" would never put down anyone's car no matter what, especially without knowing much about them.
I have a lot of friends that are true car guys, and all of us have different tastes and requirements from our cars...... imagine that.

It has become way too simple to read a few reviews (and most of these people have never even lived with a Fiero, let alone driven one) and post it on the internet.

None of us really need to be convinced as to the positive aspects of a Fiero, but it is nice to see somewhat of an newly realized unbiased review of them.
(I have an '88 GT automatic, but still want a Formula with a 5speed..... to go with it of course).

I will hopefully always have one awaiting my joy and anticipation of driving it.....
I do not own a Fiero because it is going to become more valuable, or that others lust after it, I own one because I actually love them like the rest of us do, so....
Nice to see a fellow take back his words.

Well put!
Mike Morris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many people on here bash the 2.8s but for their time they were respectable even the autos in the straight line bursts. I think the mags were disappointed but what the car could have been new. Plus GM quality back then left a lot to be desired. They(GM) were still playing catch up.

[This message has been edited by Mike Morris (edited 04-07-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
That appeared to be a well put together Formula.

Well, there were no Formula graphics.

I can't do it but somebody can. Someone needs to educate that guy,let him drive a 3800SC modified one, show him some of the great kit car conversions. Interior conversions.

Good reviews are what is needed to command a higher selling price.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

A cut down 84, a stock 84 and a stock 88.

The one on the left is from an '84, the middle one from an '85 and the right one '86-'88.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

The one on the left is from an '84, the middle one from an '85 and the right one '86-'88.

jscott1's picture from here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091666.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock