3800 intake head question by Tstang429
Started on: 03-28-2018 05:34 PM
Replies: 3 (185 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 03-29-2018 04:48 PM
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys been a while and searches I cant see as many pics due to the photo bucket issues., I have an l67 that I am putting a l36 intake on to turbo. Do I block the injectors at the head or the intake.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you able to do it both ways?

I don't know anything about 3800s, but for a DD, I think I would prefer having the injectors in the heads.

The less you spray fuel all over the runner walls, the easier it will be to tune for transients.
Red98422

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red98422Send a Private Message to Red98422Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would keep the stock L36 location for the injectors. (Going into the metal lower intake manifold if I remember correctly) I’ve never had the L67 so I can’t say for certain where those ones are plumbed to. Also another option is that there are turbo kits for the SC where you won’t have to do a reverse top swap. As I understand them it basically turns the SC into an intake manifold.
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd put fuel injectors in the head holes and nitrous injectors in the intake holes. Then run all 8 at full tilt 100% of the time. Just an idea.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock