Started on: 02-15-2018 05:05 PM
Replies: 54 (2286 views)
Last post by: PK on 04-27-2018 11:46 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several weeks ago, I was doing some research searches on the web and saw a heading about a Fiero Farm, somewhere in the neighborhood of Charleston, SC. I didn't open the result or save a link, but I wonder if anyone knows of this place. Is it something long past or is it still around?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ironically, they just posted in the mall even though their link does nothing:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/076486.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-15-2018).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie,

If you are referring to thefierofarm.com...that is Todd!!! The guy I told you about who sent me the working TESTED isolation relay. He is the MAN! Todd at thefierofarm.com has every used part you can friggin imagine. His customer service is fantastic. He communicates well and his shipping is fast and reliable. I have nothing but good things to say about his practices.

No he is not my uncle.

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 02-15-2018).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

.....who sent me the working TESTED isolation relay.

You finally found that damned relay
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe he used to be here, but his yard got too full of Fieros.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a Fiero Farm out in Kansas or Missouri, but it closed down. I believe it was due to the owner's health. There is also a Fiero Farm in Alabama, but searches say it's surrounded by barbed wire and the cars aren't for sale. The picture shown had dozens of Fieros in a pasture.

This particular one is in South Carolina and Van has been doing business with him within the last month.

And yes, Van finally found that damned thing. It also helped to verify that the 3 I sent him were good. The problem was actually elsewhere. A mechanical problem, not electrical. I don't have a pre-87 system, so I couldn't test the dozen or so relays I have on the shelf. But now, I know at least 3 of them will be good. Thanks, Van.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 02-15-2018).]

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2018 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You finally found that damned relay

All that searching and it wasn't even the culprit. At least I was able to rule that out as the problem though. As mentioned above...Charlie helped me diagnose a more mechanical problem I am struggling with. I really wish I paid more attention in geometry and physics in school! It would come in handy right about now.

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 02-16-2018).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2018 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done business with Todd in the past few weeks. I purchased a switch from him at a very reasonable price and he shipped it quickly. The day after it was shipped, he contacted me and said that he had shipped the wrong switch. He was goiung on a trip the next day and hand delivered the correct switch to my house. Pretty damn good customer service IMO. I will deal with him again when I have needs. BTW, he is located in the Charleston area.

Nelson
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2018 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

There was a Fiero Farm out in Kansas or Missouri, but it closed down. I believe it was due to the owner's health. There is also a Fiero Farm in Alabama, but searches say it's surrounded by barbed wire and the cars aren't for sale. The picture shown had dozens of Fieros in a pasture.

Are you talking about The Fiero Factory in Toney, AL?

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP
2011 Dodge Charger R/T AWD

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2018 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of Fiero farms, what ever came of the one in Arizona? It was said the guy had more than 20 cars, some outside and some stored in a hanger looking building. Edit- It could have been Nevada, still searching archives.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2018 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChuckLS1:

Are you talking about The Fiero Factory in Toney, AL?

There was a listing for both. I'm familiar with Fiero Factory and the images inside the barb wire fence wasn't The Factory.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Speaking of Fiero farms, what ever came of the one in Arizona? It was said the guy had more than 20 cars, some outside and some stored in a hanger looking building. Edit- It could have been Nevada, still searching archives.

I think you are thinking of the Las Vegas Fiero club. I drove down there when I was on a trip to vegas a few years ago and they had Fiero's everywhere.
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully this will clear things up a bit. I am currently working on getting The Fiero Farm website back up and running in some shape or form.
Sorry for the confusion.

------------------
That Todd Guy

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. Are you open for group tours?
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don’t have enough stuff to merit a tour but if your in the area and just want to talk Fieros feel free to look me up.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The club is doing a Don Hulse Memorial Cruise this spring and I thought your farm might be a destination.
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2018 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not have the farm up and running to the point that a tour would be in order. Currently it's just me with less than a dozen cars in the back yard and a bunch of parts in boxes. I am not sure that my overly understanding wife will ever let me turn the farm back into what it once was. Although every time she draws a line and says "no more Fieros", I cross said line just to see if I can.
I have been up to as many as 10 Fieros but am currently at 8.

------------------
That Todd Guy

hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2018 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent a PM to thefierofarm.com

thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2018 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm received
mr-riff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2018 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent last week
PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2018 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr-riff:

PM sent last week

mr-riff
I don't see anything from you in my inbox. please resend pm.

Thank you.

------------------
That Todd Guy

thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Several weeks ago, I was doing some research searches on the web and saw a heading about a Fiero Farm, somewhere in the neighborhood of Charleston, SC. I didn't open the result or save a link, but I wonder if anyone knows of this place. Is it something long past or is it still around?

fierofool

I was combing through some old PM's and you and I were in contact in 2009 when i was still in Missouri.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was it about? I don't remember. Heck, I don't even remember when it was 2009.
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like it was about a tan seat/cover.
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received a c500 from Todd, in the fastest time ever fom requested to received. Amazing response, highly recommended, +1.
Wish we had met before, my wife and I spent some QT in SC last summer visiting friends in Greer And Hickory Grove, what a beautiful state, and nice people. Had to use my GTP DD for our annual epic road trip, took Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Pkwy going south. Car handled the trip beautifully, had planned to use wife's Jeep but it developed the death wobble. The number of miles we traveled on this trip was higher than the number of dollars I spent for the GTP! All the car needed during the trip was one half pint of PS fluid, what a champ. I love Pontiacs!

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (DD)

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey CJB...you told me to take my time on the shipping of those swap parts I sent you because you were not doing the swap for a while! Had I known I was in competition with "That Todd Guy" I would have stepped it up!

-Van
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL RFLMAO! My transaction with you was just as professional as any other. We, as Fiero owners must remember what we do as a group, is cooperation, never competition. At least not among ourselves. Competition is used on the brand x guys.
Van, let me say, your Lambo replica is a dream ride. Having seen the photos of your car just recently, and read some of your posts, I am impressed with your efforts. I am already studying your thread on adapting GTP Cruise Control into a Fiero, because it's a decision I am facing...trying to accomplish the swap on my own terms, which options (CC, BCM, HUD, mirror, remote etc.) Can I build in without the wiring becoming overwhelming...I decided since I already have the parts from my donor GTP, I am putting all that stuff in. It will be more complicated, thus slower, and that is why my build schedule is open-ended...I want a premium finished product, even if it takes longer.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim,

Thank you very much for the compliment. I think you are approaching your build in the best way possible. Taking your time to map out everything first and then acquire all the parts on your own time frame is definitely the way to go. Less mistakes will be made both in wasted parts and in actual assembly. Your build sounds like I am going to enjoy watching it's progress immensely so don't forget to post lots of pics .

-Van
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2018 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The club is doing a Don Hulse Memorial Cruise this spring and I thought your farm might be a destination.

Charlie,
I was thinking the same thing.
Ron
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2018 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can bring it up at the meeting on the 10th.

Todd, I believe that was for a barn find 86GT. I pulled the covers and washed them. Apparently, the sun had gotten to the one side and it kind of exited the washer in more pieces than when it went in.
PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie,
I sent you a PM.

------------------
That Todd Guy

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie (fierofool),

"That Todd Guy" to the rescue once again!!!

After I installed the 2nd rebuilt headlight motor with new metal gear, I crossed my fingers as I hit the switch to activate them both. Only to be disappointed once again! You really do need a lot of patience diagnosing problems in the Gen 1 system and I do understand why people switch over to Gen 2. But this time it was purely my fault. I had attempted to salvage a damaged headlight motor harness to relay plug by soldering the wire to the terminal. Although it passed a test light, my sloppy job in melting the plastic was an epic failure.

A quick email over to my "trafficker" and a new plug is on it's way!

Thank you, once again Todd!!
-Van
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my parts today from Todd, thank you sir! exactly what I needed!

shem
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So... I just plant one. And they grow?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems that way. To reduce the yield, I planted mine on a concrete driveway instead of the back yard. Still they grew to 6 before I harvested all but 2.
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes it's better to make sure they are in rows. It makes harvesting much easier. (picture is from when The Farm was going strong in Missouri)
Be careful or they will get out of control. Kind of like bamboo.

------------------
That Todd Guy

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came home from a difficult and disappointing day earlier, but there was a package in my mailbox from thefierofarm.com that managed to turn everything around...just like that!

Thanks a lot Todd!

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 03-02-2018).]

thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Van,
You are very welcome. It's strange how such a small part can make a difference in our battle against the world. I hope it also solves your headlight problem.

------------------
That Todd Guy

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

Van,
You are very welcome. It's strange how such a small part can make a difference in our battle against the world. I hope it also solves your headlight problem.

It really made a difference to me that day, so thank you again Todd. I will keep you posted on the headlight problem.

-Van
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock